coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Explain transior as switch in terms of cbse board

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

There are three parts to a transistor, the base, collector, and emitter. The collector is the electrical supply to be switched on & off. When switched on the emitter is the supply output. The base is the switch. When 5 volts (typically) are applied at the base, the transistor is in the switched on state and flow begins. When the voltage drops flow stops.

Transistors can also be use as amplifiers. In this case varying the voltage at the base varies the amount of flow from the collector to the emitter.

The transistor work in three different states, and they are, cut off , saturation and active. In active state transistor works as an amplifier while as a switch transistor work in cutoff (open switch) and saturation states (close switch). This is achieved by the DC biasing.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

I got CGPA in math and science both as 8 so can i write kvpy first level????
@ manoj Yes , u can fill out the form as per the dates . make sure the dates are not running out . kvpy actually have 2 levels , and after qualifying the frst level , u ahve to appear the 2 ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
which is the best book to prepare for MH CET (PCM) [ENGINEERING] for 2017 aspirants so that i can get 200/200 in mh cet
@ xavier take the state board books for chemistry , they are best at their level for studying the theory , as in mht cet the chemistry paper are mainly theoratic . and take target...
Umakant biswal 27 days ago
Take out State Boards Books and study all the questions in it properly. All the paper is theory based. Also you can study NCERT as it has more detailed approach to tougher competitve exams...
Shreyas Patil 27 days ago
A ball is released from height h along the slope and moves along a circular track of radius R without falling vertically downwards as shown in the figure. Show that h = 5 2 R.
fuck you nugget piece of shit ffffsafasfasfasfasfkksfasfafasfasfasfass ssfsafsfafasfsfasfasfsafahsue5kjfk
prajit banerjee 13 days ago
What is the syllabus for NTSE? Can you please suggest me some books for preparation.
The books for NTSE are readily availableon Amazon and Snapdeal with certain discounts, you need to prepare for science, economics, history etc. subjects and along with it mental ability,...
Aneesh Sehgal 5 months ago
hi akshit go to following links for books and syllabus regards sahil
SAHIL 5 months ago
How can I become a scientist at ISRO or at any space research organisation?.( i am preparing for jee)..
@ shivam , once u got a rank in jee advanced , try to get into the iisc bangalore , and after that go for research organisation , and after that u will become a scientist in postgarduate...
Umakant biswal 23 days ago
@ piyush yes , u can do the postgraduate research , btech is undergraduate , and after btech , u can go eithin mtech if u are intrested , else u can join into research field .
Umakant biswal 10 days ago
@umakan t biswal,sir after going to any engineering b tech program can we go to iisc,or research.Can we prsue our career in that field.
Piyush Behera 10 days ago
rank @ 595 score
Plz mention the examination name to which the rank is to be predicted of given score
Avinash one year ago
Generally people get a rank within 500 in this score but since the paper this year for the retest was easier therefore you can expect a rank in 800-900s
Neeti one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts