i had a great academic career in 11th and nearly toped every test in our coaching institute (narayana) and would always be in top 50 students out of all 5000 students in india but in 12th due to more attention to cbse and lack of proper teachers my performance in these test series were not upto d mark den my faculty of narayana would tel me to get about 1000 all india rank in iit but now even gettin iit seems impossible dream for me with board exams to start within 2 days i hav bno clue how to fulfil my dream now stil i can study for minimum 13 hours a day but most of tme is devoted to boards i can easily get 60% in boards but i fear if i dun get iit den i wil hav to apply for bits where cutoff for boards is 80% as i expect d person to be on other side to be an iitian i hope u understand my problem and solve it if possible boards are to be finished on 22nd for me and i wil have bout 15days 4 iit preparation i can also prepare in between boards and my iit physics is bit strong but i guess not upto the mark my maths of 12th is also bit strong but i guess not upto the mark and my chemistry is wel strongest and i guess upto d iit level but stil i am weak in physical chem a bit hope u dun consider dis question as personal but purely professional and me bein an ambitious guy i want to get iit by anyway and am sure wil get if u cud lend me sum support

i had a great academic career in 11th and nearly toped every test in our coaching institute (narayana) and would always be in top 50 students out of all 5000 students in india 

but in 12th due to more attention to cbse and lack of proper teachers my performance in these test series were not upto d mark

den my faculty of narayana would tel me to get about 1000 all india rank in iit

but now even gettin iit seems impossible dream for me

with board exams to start within 2 days i hav bno clue how to fulfil my dream now

stil i can study for minimum 13 hours a day 

but most of tme is devoted to boards 

i can easily get 60% in boards but i fear if i dun get iit den i wil hav to apply for bits where cutoff for boards is 80%

as i expect d person to be on other side to be an iitian i hope u understand my problem and solve it if possible

boards are to be finished on 22nd for me and i wil have bout 15days 4 iit preparation

i can also prepare in between boards 

and my iit physics is bit strong but i guess not upto the mark

my maths of 12th is also bit strong but i guess not upto the mark

and my chemistry is wel strongest and i guess upto d iit level but stil i am weak in physical chem a bit

hope u dun consider dis question as personal but purely professional 

and me bein an ambitious guy

i want to get iit by anyway

and am sure wil get if u cud lend me sum support

Grade:12

1 Answers

Ramesh V
70 Points
14 years ago

seems to me that u r very amitious to get into IIT.

As u need to clear board with a minimum of 60% , u shld give some of u r time to clear board.

Since board exams start within 1-2 days, first prepare well for board exams and get gud percentage

( I heard HRD ministry is asking IIT to increase cutoff of 12th board exams to 80%, this is just under discussion and currently its 60% only ).. keeping this insense, u shld score a minimum of 80% in order to clear the criteria for iit jee exam.

after completing board by 22nd march, give u full inclination to IIT JEE...

start giving pracrtice test papers as much as possible...and clear all the concepts whr u r continously making mistakes...evaluate the test papers urself and clear all concepts by referring to your frnds, books or u coaching center tutors...

dont start reading ny new topics at this time...be confident....u'll definitely make into IIT...i'm sure of it..

gud luck

--

regards

Ramehs

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free