There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

what do you mean by polar and non polar molecules?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Priyanka

The arrangement or geometry of the atoms in some molecules is such that one end of the molecule has a positive electrical charge and the other side has a negative charge. If this is the case, the molecule is called a polar molecule, meaning that it has electrical poles. Otherwise, it is called a non-polar molecule. Whether molecules are polar or non-polar determines if they will mix to form a solution or that they don't mix well together.

for example:

Water is a polar molecule with positive charges on one side and negative on the other

and CO2 is non polar molecule ,electrical charges in non-polar Carbon Dioxide are evenly distributed

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Sir, I am seeking admission into B.Tech(Mechanical) from IIT. How do i get good grades, giv me preparation tips please. Rama
SAHIL 2 months ago
I got CGPA in math and science both as 8 so can i write kvpy first level????
@ manoj Yes , u can fill out the form as per the dates . make sure the dates are not running out . kvpy actually have 2 levels , and after qualifying the frst level , u ahve to appear the 2 ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Where can i get NCERT Exempler for all the subjects. I am in Class 12 and want the link to download ncert exempler. i have got only physics and maths exempler. Provide me link to other...
@ shreyas u can easily get that on the ncert website , its there in ncert official website , there will be a option called as DOWNLOAD EBOOKS , there u can get all subject exampler , and...
Umakant biswal one month ago
search on google for them and you can easily download pdf formats for all of them for best physics notes visit: thanks
SAHIL one month ago
i am studying class 11.six months have gone,now i want to start my preparation for iitjee so give me some tips.
Dear Ashwin, IIT JEE seems to be a tough exam, but it isn't if the preparation is in the right direction. From my experience, while preparing any topic for example, Rotational mechanics,...
Rohith Gandhi 6 years ago
please tell me what or how to study per day to do well in board exams as well as in jee ?
@ manas Both of them are completely diffrent examination . in one side , board which test how you represent your answer in the sheet , and JEE which test how speed u can solve the problems...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
A thorough read of the NCERT is very important. You are bound to find certain topics that many famous extra books tend to miss. Before diving into the book, I quickly went through previous...
ADITI SINGH 3 months ago
my CRL rank is 16620 in paper 2, gen catagory..can i get b arch in NOT tiruchirapalli? the previous answers were not satisfying..plse
Yes you can get it, if you are from other state too.. the last year closing rank for NIT Trichy was 21000 approx, for outside candidates.
Saurabh Kumar one year ago
Make sure that you are a NATA qualified, as there may be pretty good chances for you to get a seat, but if you could not make it there then you may try getting seat at other reputed...
Soneel Verma one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts