• OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: sharma20

principle of hydrometer

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear ramakrushna

The hydrometer is a device used for determining  characteristics of a liquid such as its density, or weight per unit volume. it is also used to determine a liquid’s specific gravity.

Principle of Hydrometer

It is work on the principle that a floating body sinks deeper in a light liquid than in a heavy one.(Archimedes' principle)

It consists essentially of a weighted, sealed, long-necked glass bulb that is immersed in the liquid being measured; the depth of flotation gives an indication of liquid density, and the neck can be calibrated to read density, specific gravity, or some other related characteristic. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

I want to know how to manage my time for studying maths and science together as my exams are in march.

for studying math and science effectivly u need to make atime table for that . as u knows better urself then do find out your strong and weak area first .. do take breaks at regular...

Umakant biswal 3 months ago

i thinktour exams have been completed but concentrate on subject which is difficult you feel.It may help in further studies. I hope everything will beall right. Thanks

Vaishnavi 16 days ago
I am not getting about how to prepare for iit.....means what should be the style of smart study...so that I build up my concepts and don't lose my track....i will appear in jee 2017...plz...

Dear Student, Firstly You need to refer good reference books to improve your understanding about the subject. Then you should also target of solving different patterns of questions. Try to...
  img
Vijay Mukati 6 months ago
At present I am in class 10 and I am in great confusion whether to persue my study in school or to go to kota for coaching to qualify iit jee advance.

Please give us your contact details. Member from our team will arrange counselling session for you and will clarify you confusion.
  img
Harsh Patodia 2 months ago
for 2015

No questions...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one year ago
which molecule is more polar. H-F or H-Br? In terms of electronegativity, F is more electronegative than Br, hence it attracts the shaired pair of electrons closer than Br, hence HF should...

Dipole moment= q*d (charge*distance) Here H-F molecule is more polar since electronegativity dominates in case of halogens. Thus the treand of dipole moment is H-F (1.8D) >H-Cl...
  img
Bhavya 2 months ago
Sir am belongs to telangana state and am studying in andhra pradesh state in a course of pre university course now am in 2 nd year of this p.u.course then, for which state i will be a local ...

Hello Prapul Your origianl nativity is TS but you are studing in AP. you will get local category under AP only

Gaddam Chethan 3 months ago

hello, you belongs to the ap state….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….............................

raj kumar 20 days ago

u comes under AP because your puc acedemic records are in andhra ...so you should attempt JEEMAINS as andhra student....

kalyan 7 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off