What is difference in iit main papaer 1 &2? Should i appear for both?

What is difference in iit main papaer 1 &2? Should i appear for both?

Grade:

2 Answers

anurag bhattacharjee
42 Points
11 years ago

IIT mains paper is simply AIEEE for the year 2013 and IIT advance is actually "IIT-JEE" for the year 2013.So,you should surely apply for both the exams, as you may be elligible for IIT advance exam as per your performance in JEE-mains.So,atleast try to get a minimum " AI-rank" within 70000,in order to remain in a very safe position in these exams. 

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
11 years ago

Dear Trupt Parkar,

Actually there are two Exams in this year''s IIT-JEE. IIT-JEE 2013 will have a IIT-JEE Main Paper which is like a qualifying exam for the IIT-JEE Advanced Paper. 

For Selection into the NIT''s it is enough to give just the IIT-JEE(Mains) but if you are aiming for an IIT then you must give the IIT-JEE Advanced Paper which can only be given if you clear the Main paper. 

To write the IIT-JEE Main paper you must be within the Top 20 percent of students in the Board Exams of your state in that Year. The Board exams carry a weightage of 40% and the score of IIT-JEE Mains carry a weightage of 60% and both determine your eligibilty to join a NIT and for qualifying for the IIT-JEE Advanced Paper.

Hope this helped you immensely..!!

All the Very Best & Good Luck to you ...!

Best Regards,

AskIITians Expert,

Godfrey Classic Prince

IIT-M

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on "Yes" given below..!!Smile

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free