i WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE PROCEDURES FOR SAT EXAMS .HOW MANY TIMES CAN IT BE GIVEN,........WHEN CAN BE IT GIVEN.....IN 12TH ,AFTER 12TH.OR WHAT........SHOULD IT BE GIVEN ONLINE OR CENTRES ARE THERE IN THE RESPECTIVE STATES........... PLZ TELL THE BENEFIT ALSO...... GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION U HAVE.PLZZZZZZZ THANX....

i WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE PROCEDURES FOR SAT EXAMS .HOW MANY TIMES CAN IT BE GIVEN,........WHEN CAN BE IT GIVEN.....IN 12TH ,AFTER 12TH.OR WHAT........SHOULD IT BE GIVEN ONLINE OR CENTRES ARE THERE IN THE RESPECTIVE STATES...........

PLZ TELL THE BENEFIT ALSO......

GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION U HAVE.PLZZZZZZZ

THANX....

Grade:11

4 Answers

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
11 years ago

Dear Ayushi Agrawal,

The SAT Reasoning Test is a standardized test for college admissions in the United States. Nearly every college in America accepts the SAT or Subject Tests as a part of its admissions process. That''s why more than two million students take the SAT every year. Today''s SAT is divided into two categories: SAT Reasoning Test, and, SAT Subjects Tests. SAT is held 6 times in a year: May, June, October, November, December and January. Most colleges require the SAT - Reasoning Test for admission and many other schools require both the SAT - Reasoning Test and SAT - Subject Test for admission purposes or placement. Additionally, some colleges require specific Subject Test tests while others allow you to choose which tests you take. So it is always better to check directly with the school. There are three ways to register for the SAT Examination.

1.    ONLINE

• Go to CollegeBoard’s online registration page to start making an account

Although these following images are pretty small to see, you’ll get the idea of the information you’ll be filling out. Step 1 is asking you to enter your student information. This includes things like your name, gender, where you live, when you were born and information on your high school and contact information. 

Secondly, you’ll have to fill in a parent or guardian’s information. This requires mostly name and contact information.

Step 3 of the online process asks for you to come up with a username and password as well as just a question about whose filling out the form.

This is all very simple once you get onto CollegeBoard’s site. They do a great job laying all of this out. After the above form, you’ll have to go through and outline your interests, college of choice, etc. Then you’ll go through by filling in the code you’ve already acquired for your given test center, the day you wish you write and where.

2.     MAIL

• You must pick up an SAT Registration Booklet, which is available at your school counselor’s office. The Registration Form and return envelope are included in the SAT Registration Booklet. For here, you can mail in your cheque of the fee as well as your registration.
  • The address provided if you have lost the return envelope ..

College Board SAT Program
901 South 42nd Street
Mount Vernon, IL 62864

3.     STANDBY

According to CollegeBoard you have the option in the very last minute approach of registering by standby. This is found directly on the CollegeBoard website…

To be considered for standby testing, please be present at the test center on test day before 7:45 a.m. You must include payment of the standby fee in addition to the regular fee for the test or tests you wish to take.

To register as a standby, be sure to:

• Fill

out the Registration Form completely and be sure to fill in the oval
    for the standby fee in item 18; otherwise, your scores will be delayed.

• Include
    payment for the test fee, plus the additional standby fee. Payment must
    be in the form of a check, money order, or credit card (American
    Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa). Do not enclose cash. Checks
    and money orders should be made payable to “The College Board.”
    Insufficient payment will cause your scores to be delayed.
  • Enclose the completed form and proper payment together in the envelope provided and seal it.
  • Place the appropriate label showing the test month on the envelope.
  • Bring the sealed envelope to the test center and give it to the supervisor when you check in.
  • Bring an acceptable photo ID.

SAT Structure :

SAT consists of three major sections: Mathematics, Critical Reading, and Writing. Each section receives a score on the scale of 200-800. All scores are multiples of 10. Total scores are calculated by adding up scores of the three sections. The SAT is made up of multiple choice questions including verbal and mathematics, and the entire exam lasts approximately four hours.

Eligibility :

SAT (SAT Reasoning Test or SAT subjects Test or both) is typically taken by high school juniors and seniors.

1. Indian students who have completed their 12 years of school education successfully from any recognised Indian board or university can take SAT for admission in the different streams available in to various American colleges.

2. There are no criteria of minimum marks etc. for appearing in the SAT Reasoning Test or SAT Subject Tests, but several colleges need a good SAT score along with a good academic record.

3. You can take the test as many times as you want. Your score report shows your current test score, in addition to scores for up to six SAT I and six Subject Test administrations. The total testing time for the SAT I is 3 hours and 45 minutes.

Benefits of a High SAT Score:

1. A high SAT score will increase the chances of admission in top Business Schools.

2. There are good chances of getting some kind of financial assistance with a high SAT score.

3. Visa Officers also give weightage to high SAT scores while considering Visa applications.

Hope this helped you immensely..!

All the Very Best & Good Luck to you ..!!

Best Regards,

AskIITians Expert,

Godfrey Classic Prince

IIT-M

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on "Yes" given below..!!Smile

Ayushi Agrawal
32 Points
11 years ago

is there no offline process................

when is the best time to give it

and it can be given while we are in 11th as many times ''

as well as in 12th as many times we want...............is it???

Ayushi Agrawal
32 Points
11 years ago

what type of boooks should i prefer.....................i mean the best one according to u.........

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
11 years ago

Dear Ayushi Agrawal,

According to me the best book for SAT Preparation is 

A Comprehensive Review of Foreign Exams GRE GMAT SAT TOEFL/IELTS FACTS

by Jagdish Khubchandani

This book can really help you crack the SAT Exam and is one of the most sought book for Foreign Exams preparation.

All the Very Best & Good Luck to you ...!!

Hope this Helped you immensely..!!

Regards,

AskIITians Expert,

Godfrey Classic Prince

IIT-M

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on "Yes" given below..!!Smile

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free