hello, i am an average student who passed his 10th class through Jammu and Kashmir board jst a few days ago with 95%. i want to take the iit-jee exam and go in for aeronautical engineering. my question is that can i take the iit jee exam through J&K BOARD and is it possible for me to take iit jee. What should be my study plan from the beginning of class 11th itself for iit-jee.

hello,

i am an average student who passed his 10th class through Jammu and Kashmir board jst a few days ago with 95%. i want to take the iit-jee exam and go in for aeronautical engineering. my question is that can i take the iit jee exam through J&K BOARD and is it possible for me to take iit jee. What should be my study plan from the beginning of class 11th itself for iit-jee.

Grade:

2 Answers

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
11 years ago

Dear Basim Khan,

You can certainly give the IIT-JEE 2015 Examination.

It has two parts viz., 1. IIT-JEE(Mains) 2. IIT-JEE(Advanced)

IIT-JEE(Mains) is the qualifying Examination for IIT-JEE(Advanced). It has 40% Board Marks weightage.

I believe that the best time to start preparation is at the beginning of 11th class. Students are fresh after the break after boards and a lot more can be learnt. Students who start late often end up leaving some key topics of 11th class JEE syllabus. Also, if you start your preparation in 12th class then the amount of hard work is increased manifold due to additional pressure of 12th boards, so chances of getting a high rank in JEE are decreased. There is a big transition from the mugging up study of 10th class to more understanding based study of 11th class. So you shouldn''t get bogged down by seeing the level of complexity in JEE exam.

The first two or three months should be spent in revising your basic concepts (topics like algebra, mecanics) which had been taught in 9th class. Concepts in topics like algebra, mechanics and stoichiometry should be studied in great detail as they also form the basis for other topics and are very scoring. There should be no doubt in your mind about these concepts. For these, develop the habit of inquisition. Clear all your doubts so that mentally you feel confident tackling any concept. A key in this area is problem-solving. Regular problem solving not only strengthens the concepts, but also increases your mental sharpness which is must for JEE.Initially problems of low level should be tried and only when you have mastered them, you should go on to solving intricate JEE type problems. You should have systematic plan for the preparation of JEE. Regular hours should be allotted to mastering concepts and problem-solving. It is not necessary to memorise the lessonsand formulae. Understand the derivations of formulae and apply the formulae to solving problems. Slowly these formulae will settle down in your brain and you will be able to recall them under any situation. What is required is a clear understanding and an easy familiarity with the concepts and laws. Maximum attention should be paid to solving problems.Try to be analytical rather than being intutive. Remember that hardwork pays! You should first take up a problem and try to solve it yourself. You should understand what is given and what is required, recall what principles, laws,equations are involved. Don''t hurry to see the solution as I doesn''t help you to learn. Only when you''ve pondered over it over a long time and unable to see any light, should you see the solutions. You would be insulting yourself and seriously hurting your chances of success if you skip these problems or make half-hearted attempts in solving them.

MODERN PHYSICS AND ELECTRONICS :most of the questions easy and similar to past JEEquestions.

WAVE OPTICS :most of the questions are similar to past JEE questions

INORGANIC CHEMISTRY AND GENERAL CHEMISTRY :most of the questions are of NCERT level and are simple.

SOLID STATE :Most of the questions are very easy.

PROBABILITY AND DIFFERENTIATION :most of the questions are simple and NCERT level.

DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS :most of the questions are similar to past JEE questions.

By spending legible time on these topics ,the scoring in JEE will be boosted and only will you clear JEE but also get a high rank.But beware , don''t neglect there other topics. In topics like mechanics, electricity , physical chemistry and analytical geometry , if the concepts are clearly understood then many of the questions pertaining to these topics can be easily handled.

Hope this helped you immensely..!

All the Very Best & Good Luck to you ..!!

Best Regards,

AskIITians Expert,

Godfrey Classic Prince

IIT-M

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on "Yes" given below..!!Smile

Basim Khan
4 Points
11 years ago

thank you, can you suggest me some good books for jee-advanced , include all the three subjects

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free