Sir, I am a North Indian from Delhi. I am confused about choosing between IIITH and DTU-CSE in both. I want to pursue higher education but m not yet sure weather I want to go into research i.e. MS or management (MBA).ARE Extra currics and personality development less in IIIT-H as compared to DTU?Because MBA seems a very lucrative offer and good personality is a very BIG advantage in MBA. In respect of MS in USA, which one has a better brand image ? DTU is very well recognized because of its former fame as DCE. But I dont know if IIIT-H has the same recognition abroad. Also how is hyderabad as a city?

Sir,

I am a North Indian from Delhi. I am confused about choosing between IIITH and DTU-CSE in both.

I want to pursue higher education but m not yet sure weather I want to go into research i.e. MS or management (MBA).ARE Extra currics and personality development less in IIIT-H as compared to DTU?Because MBA seems a very lucrative offer and good personality is a very BIG advantage in MBA.

In respect of MS in USA, which one has a better brand image? DTU is very well recognized because of its former fame as DCE. But I dont know if IIIT-H has the same recognition abroad.

Also how is hyderabad as a city?

Grade:12th Pass

3 Answers

man mohan mishra
15 Points
11 years ago

In my opinion IIIT,Hyderabad is better than DTU for your purpose.

shreya sharma
33 Points
11 years ago

http://www.askiitians.com/forums/Discuss-with-colleagues-and-IITians/2/51457/IIIT-H-vs-DTU.htm

kavish Dwivedi
94 Points
11 years ago

akanksha keep one thing in mind ...DTU is nowhere even near to the quality of IIIT H.I mean never ever google,amazon,goldman sachs,direct i,facebook,pocket gems and other hogh profile companies visit DTU/NSIT which even go to top NITs every year...As such there is no brand name of DTU in foreign universities except for the fact that some of their alumniis are in good position but look at IIIT H and other top NITs they have twice the number of alumniis in those positions..for cse IIIT H is best in india after IIT B no doubt at all about that..DTU used to be a brannd until 2007 when all the present day NITs where RECs and dint have so much funding bu now the things have changed a lot NITs like trichy warangal surathkal and allahabad have got a very nice tag and funding almost equal to IITs and twice those of DTU/NSIT..even in the four years to come NIT DELHI is sure to overtake DTU/NSIT because of better fundings..this is not because i think about it like this you can go to the websites of dtu/nsit take down the list of companies and compare with NIT ALLAHABAD .then compare it with IIIT H that it has almost 5% better cse plaements than allahabad..IIIT H is the known brand for cse in the world ..this year its coding team even beat people from MIT and HARVARDS in ACM ICPC the most prestigious coding competition in which the team of IIIT H holds the world record 19 rank and visits every year whereas dtu has not even qualified for the regionals forget about the finals..even IITs and NITs got to the final stages but seriously are no compare to IIIT H not even IIT B ...

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free