sir i am getting mech. at iit kgp & cse at nit allahbad.Which is better in terms of placements n overall.What is avg salary of mech.?

sir i am getting mech. at iit kgp & cse at nit allahbad.Which is better in terms of placements n overall.What is avg salary of mech.?

Grade:

2 Answers

RAGHU babu
119 Points
11 years ago

Join in IIT KGP  if u get multinational company min  20 lacks /annum ,indian companies also offering 12 lack/annum

kavish Dwivedi
94 Points
11 years ago

see 1st of all cse at any top NIT,IIT,IIIT,BITS is always better than mech anywhere in india in terms of placements because MECH people dont have companies like google,MS,goldman sachs,fb,direct i,amazon,pocket gems,oracle,yahoo to go for...the best thing you can get best in india with mechanical are the public sector organisations like gail,ongc,ntpc,bhel etc etc.. which though offer a very good starting salary of around 10 laks or less but very slow growth rate of salary then in the organisation maybe after 20 years it may be increased by 6-7 lakhs which is inefficient as far as price growth rate of 12% is concerned.whereas the above cse companies i mentioned give you starting of atleast above 12 lakh p.a. and your salary may get 15% increase every year depending upon your capaility..so there are no bounds on earning.now coming to IIT KGP and NIT allahabad there is no doubt that IIT KGP holds a better position than MNNIT because of the IIT brand but looking at their placements there is not even a pinch of difference between MNNIT and IIT kgp..and moreover NIT A is famous for its cse,IT,mech placements with all the above companies visiting it every year for campus placements this year the highest pakage of MNNIT was 1.34 crore much better than IIT KGP which signifies my point..even looking at MNNIT mech gail(the best psu in terms of pakage ) took 8 from mnnit whereas it dint visit IIT KGP...So, as a fair advice i would tell you to go for cse at MNNIT because it is very good there you will feel yourself at a IIT like campus, cse guy at allahabad that too of your caliber will surely get much better placements than IIT kgp mech otherwise if you want to go for the IIT tag take IIT KGP but no tag really matters in any company remember that. at the end you would also want to have a merc with you and thats possible at google,fb,ms,amazon...so go for it simply and dont take cse @ NIT allahabad as bad one its ranked equal to the levels of top IITs when it comes to placements even better than NIT T..what it lacks is infrastructure and location...

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free