thanks for answering the question, i had asked about the second graduation(B.E/B.TECH) from IITs, after doing a B.E from some other university. I am in General category and my date of birth is 02 april 1987, which is after 1985.12TH STD IS 69%. so am i eligible for the IIT-JEE?

thanks for answering the question, i had asked about the second graduation(B.E/B.TECH) from IITs, after doing a B.E from some other university. I am in General category and my date of birth is 02 april 1987, which is after 1985.12TH STD IS 69%. so am i eligible for the IIT-JEE?

Grade:

2 Answers

Rohith Gandhi
24 Points
14 years ago

Dear majumdar,

I just talked to the chairman, JEE IIT Kharagpur to ask is it possible to do second graduation in IIT's after doing BE from some other university.

He told that the criteria of date of birth as i told you before. He also added that, you have to be passed in your qualifying examination for the first time, after october 1,2008 or in 2009 or will be appearing in 2010. So, on the basis of this information you will not be able to do your second B.Tech in any of the IIT's

If you are so keen of getting into IIT's, it would be best if you write GATE by which you can get into IIT for doin M.Tech in your branch.

I'm sorry that you will not be able to appear for IIT JEE to do your second graduation.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best majumdar !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts
Rohith Gandhi

askiitian.expert- chandra sekhar
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi Arunadha,

IIT JEE can only given by the student who has just completed 12th or 1 after passing 12th...that is maximum 2 attempts only...

age limit is not a problem for you.....

my valuable suggestion for you is to give GATE and apply for M.Tech in IITs.

All The Best.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free