Hi,my name is Arunabha Majumdar. I am a mechanical engineer (B.E) from bangalore (Visveswaraya Technological University). I passed out in 2009. I was curious about whether it is possible to do a second graduation (B.E/B.Tech) from any of the IITs with a different major after finishing a B.E degree from some other university. Do i have to write IIT-JEE ? I dont know if it is possible. and if it is the eligibility requirements therin.A reply would be much appreciated.thanks.

Hi,my name is Arunabha Majumdar. I am a mechanical engineer (B.E) from bangalore (Visveswaraya Technological University). I passed out in 2009. I was curious about whether it is possible to do a second graduation (B.E/B.Tech) from any of the IITs with a different major after finishing a B.E degree from some other university. Do i have to write IIT-JEE ? I dont know if it is possible. and if it is the eligibility requirements therin.A reply would be much appreciated.thanks.

Grade:

1 Answers

Rohith Gandhi
24 Points
14 years ago

Dear Majumdar,

For doing BE/B.Tech from any of the IIT's it is compulsory for you to appear for the IIT JEE exam.

The criteria for writing IIT JEE this year is that you should be born on or after october 1st, 1985 if you are in the open category.If at all you are in the ST,SC or Physically disabled you shold be born on or after october 1st,1980. So, if you are in the open category you cannot appear for IIT jee exam for doing second graduation with different major

If you are in the SC, ST or physically disabled category you can appear for the exam. I am assuming that you are born not before october 1st, 1980.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Majumdar !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Rohith Gandhi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free