Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: IND30

Let p and q be roots of the equations x2 – 2x + A = 0 and let r and s be the roots of the equation x2 – 18 + B = 0. If p < q < r < s are in arithmetic progression the A = ………….. and B = ………… 

4 years ago

Answers : (3)

The answer is A=10 , B=63 

4 years ago

here let p=a,q=a+r,r=a+2r,s=a+3r;

then here p+q=2            =>2a+r=2

also r+s=18           =>2a+5r=18

solving we get r=4,a=-1;

p=-1, q=3, r=7, s=11

A=pq= -3, B=rs = 77;

4 years ago

I USE PUT & CHECK FORMULA IN THIS QUESTION.

P + Q = 2 , PQ=A ..............(1)

R + S = 18 , RS = B ...............(2)

-1,3,7,11 ARE IN A.P. SATISFYING THE RELATIONS (1) & (2)

SO , P=-1, Q=3 , R=7, S=11

SO, PQ= -3 = A

RS= 77 = B 

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

kindly let me know the cutoff for assam medical entrance examination 2015.

@ aakansha there is a criteria of 50 percent of the total marks decided by the dibrugarh university. i think thats the cutoff , still prev year it was that , i mean in 2015 , but not sure...

Umakant biswal one month ago

Dear Akanksha why don’t you visit the official website of the institution and get to know the cutoff, merit list and also your stature there whether you ar eable to secure a seat there or...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago
I AM PREPARING FOR CLASS 12[SCIENCE] HSC BOARD EXAMS AND I WANT TO KNOW THAT WHY SHOULD I GIVE PRIORITIES FIRST TO STUDIES ?

@@xavier your query are not clear , kindly retype the question . as you are preparing for hsc board exam , then obviouisly study is required to crack the board exam with flying colours ,...

Umakant biswal 20 days ago
I want to know that in both of them BIT Patna and Jaypee Noida which one is better? in all aspects like fee,experienced faculty,placements...

Dear Student, this is purely a matter of your personal choice as per your area of interest. Both the institutions are equally good in almost all the respects. Have you been allotted or...

BITS PATNA IS BETTER THAN JAYPEE NOIDA IN ASPECTS LIKE FACULTY AS WELL AS PLACEMENT. THIS COLLEGE PROVIDES AN EXCELLENT ACADEMIC ENVIRONMENT. HOSTELS ARE VERY GOOD. TO KNOW ABOUT FEES YOU...

SAHIL one month ago
can u suggest any enggineering entrance exams that r conducted after ur 12+ except iit-jee?

Dear Dheeru Joint Entrance Examination ( JEE ) Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Odisha Joint Entrance Examination .

Prabhakar ch 7 months ago

hai deeraj, the entrance examination conducted before going to the engineering exams is eamcet. if we interest you may write jee main and advanced exams also.

N JYOTHEESWAR 7 months ago

Hello Deeraj Same question you asked so my answer was same:Hello Deeraj There are many exams search in internet. and read eenadu paper daily

Gaddam Chethan 7 months ago
Whuch is the bestbest study material to qualify in jee adv?

Dear Student, you can consider NCERT books as a base and refer to certain renowned authors writing books for competitive tests like – H C Verma for Physics, R D Sharma for maths and the...

@ shuhai Frst of all u need your concept to be crystal clear to crack jee advanced as in this exam , the question will be from interlinking of 2 or more concepts . so, below are the best...

Umakant biswal one month ago

please visit http://www.askiitians.com/iit-study-material/iit-jee-physics/ http://www.askiitians.com/iit-study-material/iit-jee-chemistry/...

SAHIL one month ago
what is the rank of panjab university institute of engg and technology in india

Dear nitin you can check given link http://www.askiitians.com/top_colleges.aspx Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 4,500 off