Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: APR30

Let p and q be roots of the equations x2 – 2x + A = 0 and let r and s be the roots of the equation x2 – 18 + B = 0. If p < q < r < s are in arithmetic progression the A = ………….. and B = ………… 

4 years ago

Answers : (3)

The answer is A=10 , B=63 

4 years ago

here let p=a,q=a+r,r=a+2r,s=a+3r;

then here p+q=2            =>2a+r=2

also r+s=18           =>2a+5r=18

solving we get r=4,a=-1;

p=-1, q=3, r=7, s=11

A=pq= -3, B=rs = 77;

4 years ago

I USE PUT & CHECK FORMULA IN THIS QUESTION.

P + Q = 2 , PQ=A ..............(1)

R + S = 18 , RS = B ...............(2)

-1,3,7,11 ARE IN A.P. SATISFYING THE RELATIONS (1) & (2)

SO , P=-1, Q=3 , R=7, S=11

SO, PQ= -3 = A

RS= 77 = B 

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

give some good iitjee coatching classes in indore

Dear Student, Top IIT JEE coachings of indore are Allen, Aakash, Ranker’s point, Resonance. There are more coachings like Gupta Tutorial, stratford, Ribosome, Catelyser. You can also...
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 months ago

some good iitjee coatching classes in indore rankers point catalyser kalpravax allen indore stratford acadmey resonance indore success point injeenious acadmey iit circle PLEASE ..... if u...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 9 months ago

i will prefer u resonance among all coaching centres resonance is best institute and gives very goodd material and coaching also and tests of resonancre are also of great level APPROVE IF...

ng29 9 months ago
Can someone please tell me about the colleges that offer petroleum engineering in India and the cut off needed in jee exams?

HELLO SHEKHAR I NEED TO TELL YOU THAT CUTOFF FOR JEE EXAM IS NOT DECIDE PREVIOUSLY AND IT IS ALWAYS DIFFERENT EVERY YEAR. FOR MAINS IT IS IN BETWEEN 80-130 MARKS FOR GENERAL AD FOR SC IT IS ...

SAHIL one month ago

Top colleges to pursue Petroleum Engineering are: Indian Institute of Technology, Madras Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati University of Petroleum & Energy Studies Dehradun, Indian...

Natasha Roy one month ago
Hi sir I'm new to learn I have no idea about bits suggest few tips

Dear Student, You can refer the below link for the informaiton related to BITSAT. http://www.askiitians.com/bitsat/preparation-tips.html Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 20 days ago

@ aish bits , commonly referred as birla institute of technology and science ,, it conducts the entrance test BITSAT ( BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE ADMISSION TEST ) FOR its...

Umakant biswal 20 days ago
I wanted to know tht wch r the best books to refer while preparing for jee main in pcm

The complete list of the books to be refered is available on the askIITians website. Please refer from there. Thanks.
  img

go to this link http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/important-books.html plz approve

Prajwal Kavad 9 months ago
THE EQUATION OF STATE OF A GAS IS GIVEN BY p(v-b)=nRT. IF 1K MOLE OF GAS IS ISOTHERMALLY EXPANDED FROM VOLUME v to 2v, THEN WHAT IS THE WORK DONE DURING PROCESS ?

dear rahul work done W= limit v to 2v ∫pdv =limit v to 2v ∫nRT/(v-b)dv =limit v to 2v nRT∫1(v-b)dv =limit v to 2v nRT ln|v-b| =nRT ln|(2v-b)/(v-b)| Please feel free to post as...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago
hello sir,in jee mains counslling next round spotround counsilling aaa?

Please be updated on the official website of jee mains regarding the schedule. Thanks.
  img
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: APR30

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 4,500 off