ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Let p and q be roots of the equations x2 – 2x + A = 0 and let r and s be the roots of the equation x2 – 18 + B = 0. If p < q < r < s are in arithmetic progression the A = ………….. and B = ………… 

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

The answer is A=10 , B=63 

3 years ago

here let p=a,q=a+r,r=a+2r,s=a+3r;

then here p+q=2            =>2a+r=2

also r+s=18           =>2a+5r=18

solving we get r=4,a=-1;

p=-1, q=3, r=7, s=11

A=pq= -3, B=rs = 77;

3 years ago

I USE PUT & CHECK FORMULA IN THIS QUESTION.

P + Q = 2 , PQ=A ..............(1)

R + S = 18 , RS = B ...............(2)

-1,3,7,11 ARE IN A.P. SATISFYING THE RELATIONS (1) & (2)

SO , P=-1, Q=3 , R=7, S=11

SO, PQ= -3 = A

RS= 77 = B 

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
My Question is mainly regarding how i should utilise my time in the holidays between Xth and XIth 1.)Should I try and learn calculus in the holidays b/w Xth and XIth ? (Assume I have no...

calculus first differential and then integral approve if useful

ng29 12 days ago

You shoul study whatever the weker subject of your, that would be best use of your time.

shubham sharda 5 days ago
respeected sir, i wanted to know my opprtunities for admission.i have got 303 in BITSAT-2014 and in the first iteration i am placed in the waiting list.sir i have even applied for chemical...

I think with 303 u can get a better branch than chemical at BITS go for cse or e&tc at goa or pilani hyderabad shud be ur last preference

needhelp 9 months ago

Dont just wait for BITS result....fill other forms as well

needhelp 9 months ago
is there anyone from kochi.If so suggest some good coaching centres for iit jee.

Hello Student, If you are looking for Coachings for IIT JEE than you should check out askiitians online classroom contact program. Expert faculties from IITs and Experience in this field...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

Aakash institute ACE academy Brilliant tutorials Expert tutor Focus Edu Care
  img
Raheema Javed one month ago
which the best book for aipmt preparations which has all the subject combined in one book and is the latest addition.it should also have solutions and be combined for pcb.

There is no best book for AIPMT which has all the subject combined in one book. The only way to crack AIPMT is to study thoroughly. It is also important to note that since AIPMT remains one...
  img
Raheema Javed 5 months ago

Hello student, you can consult these books --> 1. Physics: Concepts of Physics by H.C.Verma NCERT Physics: CBSE PMT set of 3 Volumes by Anil Aggarwal Concept of Competition Physics for...
  img
Anjali Ahuja 5 months ago
sir this year i am giving ntse exam...but i am not taking classes for it...so sir kaise prepare karna hoga..

Most of thing will come from your school syllabus. First, you should focus on the school study, plus there is a book for NTSE exam by Tata Mcgraw hill. You should focus on the book as well....
  img
Jitender Singh 10 months ago
Which chapters should i focus on inorganic chemistry for jee advanced??

solid state,all group elements,electo chemistry ,chemical equilibrium,stoichemetry.

vamsi one year ago

No. It should be the periodic properties chapter primarily!

Pradyumna Sadgir one year ago

How to prepare for the various block elements

NANDA one year ago
View all Questions »