ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Let p and q be roots of the equations x2 – 2x + A = 0 and let r and s be the roots of the equation x2 – 18 + B = 0. If p < q < r < s are in arithmetic progression the A = ………….. and B = ………… 

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

The answer is A=10 , B=63 

3 years ago

here let p=a,q=a+r,r=a+2r,s=a+3r;

then here p+q=2            =>2a+r=2

also r+s=18           =>2a+5r=18

solving we get r=4,a=-1;

p=-1, q=3, r=7, s=11

A=pq= -3, B=rs = 77;

3 years ago

I USE PUT & CHECK FORMULA IN THIS QUESTION.

P + Q = 2 , PQ=A ..............(1)

R + S = 18 , RS = B ...............(2)

-1,3,7,11 ARE IN A.P. SATISFYING THE RELATIONS (1) & (2)

SO , P=-1, Q=3 , R=7, S=11

SO, PQ= -3 = A

RS= 77 = B 

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I am currently in class 12. I would like to pursue a career in Marine Engineering? I wanted to know if Btech Marine Engineering if done from a top college has good market or not compared to...

About course Marine Engineering offers an exciting career for adventurous students. It involves the construction and maintenance of ships, other sailing vessels, ports and cargo facilities...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago

Marine Engg. is indeed good. The gestation period is long compared to CS & Chemical., but the most important aspect of life is that you will have the best balance of work and personal...
  img
Aziz Alam 6 months ago
How do i make my concepts clear ? Earlier i wasted a lot of my time in rubbish things. I want to develp my application skills how do i do that? I am still confused what my real talent and...

See for testing your concepts and skills the best way is to do as many questions. Take a mock paper and attempt it. Evaluate your performance and discover areas of weakness and strength....
  img
Harsh Patodia one month ago

Ohk then you have mentioned it in earlier post. Your daily self-study hours should go minimum 12-14 hours for getting that rank. That should include 100% concentration. Obviously mind...
  img

Welcome
  img
Recommend books needed in all 3 subjects for jee prep?

Have a look at these links to figure out the books required for your preparations. http://www.askiitians.com/iit-study-material/iit-jee-physics/...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago

Physics: Resnik Halliday and DC pandey objective series. Chemistry: Arihant series. MAths: ML Khanna

shubham sharda 10 days ago
The formula for this hit is: h(x)= -16x+83x+4 where h is the height of the ball and x is the number of seconds the ball is in the air.?

what to do then??????????

vikas yadav 2 months ago

nothing!

TEJKIRAT SINGH 2 months ago
I have scored 138 marks in jee mains paper 2 and 72.2% in cbse where can I get admission in architecture?

Hi, There are a chances that you may get admission in B. Arch provided you cleared the drawing aptitude test. See the last years opening and cloasing rank for a better idea.
  img
Yash Baheti 10 months ago
WHAT SHOULD BE THE RANK TO GET ADMISSION IN CHENNAI IIT

Core branches like Electrical, Mechanical & Computer science are closed under 400-500. and Rest others depending upon the branch may went upto 2000.
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago

It depends on branch allotment also, But to get the college, you should be in AIR <1 – 6000>.
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago
View all Questions »