Sir, I want to know about the number of reserved seats for SC candidates in IIT. I am an SC candidate and have secured 83.2% in class 10th. I have joined a coaching Institute in Ahemedabad for IIT.I have seen the statistics of the IIT marks of SC candidates. I think that there is less competition among SCs. So I think that it is possible for me to get admission in any of the IITs situated in India. Am I thinking really True? Please answer my question as early as possible.

Sir,

I want to know about the number of reserved seats for SC candidates in IIT.

I am an SC candidate and have secured 83.2% in class 10th.

I have joined a coaching Institute in Ahemedabad for IIT.I have seen the statistics of the IIT marks of SC candidates.

I think that there is less competition among SCs.

So I think that it is possible for me to get admission in any of the IITs situated in India.

Am I thinking really True?

Please answer my question as early as possible.  

Grade:11

4 Answers

Amit Askiitiansexpert
112 Points
14 years ago
Name of colleges     
Bombay        
      Delhi          
Guwahati       
Kanpur
Total :- GE+OBC+SC+ST

PD ( GE+OBC+SC+ST )
      444+133++112+57     

( 13+4+3+2 )
429+430+108+54

( 13+4+3+2 )
  297+90+7437

( 9+3+2+1 )
  417+127+105+33

( 12+4+3+2 )
Amit Askiitiansexpert
112 Points
14 years ago

Your Score in 10th is quite good....it shows that u studied quite good in 10th ....keep up the same spirit.. and competition is no less but yes offcourse there is advantage for SC over general quata...as they have some reserved seats ... So study hard .....u can definetly crack IIT.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. All the best .

abhishek matwa
16 Points
13 years ago
I think u r right..
Ravi Teja
16 Points
11 years ago

I scored 28% in jee 2012 and im an SC.. can i expect a seat? please reply asap and the total no. of seats reserved for sc students.. thanx :)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free