1. Rate of physisorption increases with

a. decrease in temp.

b. increase in temp.

c. decrease in pressure

d. decrease ion surface area.(2003)

2. Adsorption of gases on solid surface is generally exothermic because

a.enthalpy is positive

b.entropy decreases

c.entropy increases energy increases. (2004)

3. Lyophillic sols are

a. irreversible sols

b.they are prepared from inorganic compound

c.coagulated by adding electrolytes

4. Among the following, the surfactant that will form micelles in aqueous solution at the lowest molar concentration at ambient conditions is

a. CH3(CH2)15N+(CH3)3Br-

b. CH3(CH2)11OSO3-Na+

c. CH3(CH2)6COO-Na+

d. CH3(CH2)11N+(CH3)3Br-.(2008)

5. 1g of charcoal adsorbs 100 ml 0.5M CH3COOH to form a monolayer and therby the molarity of CH3COOH      reduces to 0.49. Calculate the surface area of the charcoal adsorbed by each molecule of acetic acid. Surface area of charcoal is 300 m2/g.(2003)

6. statement 1: Micelles are formed by surfactant molecules above the critical micellar concentration(CMC).

statement 2: The conductivity of a solution having surfactant molecules decreases sharply at the CMC.(2007)

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Please tell the respective books for physics , chemistry and maths for class 11.
@ riya You can follow these books for sucess in the engg entrance exam . PHYSICS 1- CONCEPT OF PHYSICS BY H C VERMA 2- PROBLEMS IN GENERAL PHYSICS BY I E IRODV 3- UNDERSTANDING PHYSICS BY D ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
please visit thanks and approve my answer if any other question please post it
SAHIL 3 months ago
Propeller blades in aeroplane are 2 m long i. When propeller is rotating at 1800 rev/min, compute the tangential velocity of tip of the blade. ii. What is the tangential velocity at a point ...
Given : r 1 = 2 m, n = 1800 r.p.m = 1800 60 = 30 r.p.s Solution : i) Tangential velocity of, the tip of blade, vT1 = 2πnr.r1 = 2 × 3.14 × 30 × 2 ∴ vT1 = 376.8 m/s ii) Tangential velocity at ...
SAHIL 2 months ago
How to be more perfect in solving numericals of physics in 12 th board exams.
In the preparation before examination 01.​Prepare a list of derivations, formulae and experiments in the syllabus and keep them handy 02.Revise all the Concepts regularly 03.Solve each and...
Santosh Datla 3 months ago
@ xavier As far as cbse board exams are concerned , they will ask u simple even numerical questions , donot worry about it . frst of all u need to read the whole ncert twice , and solve the ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Please tell if you know anything about the imp chapters in iitjee 2016????
Dear Students, We can not predict about the imp. chapters for 2016 but Yes we surely can tell the names of the chapters according to the analysis of the previous year papers. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 9 months ago
I am also a jee candite and according to my analysis of previous year I have predicted that this year in chemistry most imp chapters are gaseous state and Goc Maths will be slightly tough...
Himanshu 9 months ago
which is easy getting seat in iit for or
@ charan both of them are nearly same difficulty level , getting a seat in iit for btech demands you to qualify the toughest entrance exam , that is jee advanced and also for getting mtech...
Umakant biswal 3 days ago
i got chemical in bit mesra and cse in iiit bhubaneswar. Which college to join?
@ neelendra bit mesra earned a good image in terms of placement and quality education . and also check your intrest , if u are intrested in chemical then, bits mesra will be the best choice ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts