Which is better C.Sc. or IT if placement of C.Sc. in a particular college is somewhat lower than IT in another particular college. I don,t bother if initial salary is a bit lower in C.Sc. than IT. I believe that CS is more fun since its a general degree that allows you to expand your knowledge into many areas. IT is very specific and doesn’t give enough background for continuous expansion of knowledge. Computer field is growing rapidly and having a general background in theory (CS) is generally better since you can take theory and put it to practical use. Its difficult to expand on practical knowledge that might be outdated tomorrow. So which is better if we consider salary improvements and other things written above. I want to know which option is better not only for starting 3-4 years of job but for whole lifetime.

Which is better C.Sc. or IT if placement of C.Sc. in a particular college is somewhat lower than IT in another particular college.

I don,t bother if initial salary is a bit lower in C.Sc. than IT. I believe that CS is more fun since its a general degree that allows you to expand your knowledge into many areas. IT is very specific and doesn’t give enough background for continuous expansion of knowledge. Computer field is growing rapidly and having a general background in theory (CS) is generally better since you can take theory and put it to practical use. Its difficult to expand on practical knowledge that might be outdated tomorrow. So which is better if we consider salary improvements and other things written above.

I want to know which option is better not only for starting 3-4 years of job but for whole lifetime.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Souradeep Majumder
80 Points
12 years ago

NO DOUBT CS...........

Jaya IITK
207 Points
12 years ago

For life go for CS becoz u hav a lot more interest in it

N its rly a gud branch

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pls approve my answer by clicking on yes below!!!!!!!!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free