8-) Hi.... sir , PLZ HELP AND GUIDE ME , SO HERE IS STORY AND PROBLEM. i have taken coaching in 12th only nd wasnt able to give best ,Because my school pressurised ;( me a lot for boards and pre board , so m unable to qualify . So i decided to drop , for prepration at home . Sir i want u to guide me :Dhow to prepare throughtout the year , Q1 ; in how many months should i complete the course ? ? Q2 ; Then in remaining months how many times should i revise ?? Or Q3 ; should i give my more focus to problem solving i.e by doing fiitjee rsm problems and many more books ?? Q4 ; Sir SHOULD i enrolled for any test series and if yes then which one ; sir i want to tell u a LITTLE PROBLEM here , that i live in small town , gernally the test center held by coaching institute is 5 hour away ;( from my home i.e chandigarh will it not waste my time , as u know m preparing at home , wat should i do ?? i want to take rank in top 500 ; PLZ GUIDE ME , THERE IS LOTS OF HOPE FROM U , THANX IN ADVANCE , m waiting :|for ur reply

8-) Hi.... sir , PLZ HELP AND GUIDE ME , SO HERE IS STORY AND PROBLEM. i have taken coaching in 12th only nd wasnt able to give best ,Because my school pressurised ;( me a lot for boards and pre board , so m unable to qualify . So i decided to drop , for prepration at home . Sir i want u to guide me :Dhow to prepare throughtout the year , Q1 ; in how many months should i complete the course ? ? Q2 ; Then in remaining months how many times should i revise ?? Or Q3 ; should i give my more focus to problem solving i.e by doing fiitjee rsm problems and many more books ?? Q4 ; Sir SHOULD i enrolled for any test series and if yes then which one ; sir i want to tell u a LITTLE PROBLEM here , that i live in small town , gernally the test center held by coaching institute is 5 hour away ;( from my home i.e chandigarh will it not waste my time , as u know m preparing at home , wat should i do ?? i want to take rank in top 500 ; PLZ GUIDE ME , THERE IS LOTS OF HOPE FROM U , THANX IN ADVANCE , m waiting :|for ur reply

Grade:12th Pass

2 Answers

Aman Bansal
592 Points
12 years ago

Dear Mohit,

No one can xactly tell you the no. of hours you musr study to get rank below 500.

Your  concepts must be very clear and must do quality study.

You can take help of ASKIITIAN website for test series and other helpful materials.

BEST OF LUCK..!!!!

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar : Click here to download the toolbar.. 

AMAN BANSAL

Pratyul Kapoor
37 Points
12 years ago

Hey Mohit,

The number of hours you need to put in depends on your learning and understanding skills. As a suggestion I would like to tell you to focus on the concepts as much as possible. Be focussed and dont allow any distractions like living in a small city get to you.

If the test centres are too far away then you can give online tests. And if that is also not possible for you, then you can get test papers mailed to you(many institutes can do that) or you can buy a book with practise papers and solve these papers at home. While solving the papers it would be good if you can keep the time limit in mind.  

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free