hi, i am nikhil,and i studying in nit surathkal( 1 sem).do you think the chances of getting an nitian in top 10 colleges of world for Mtec is equvilatent to that of an iitian having the same CGPA?. on what factors does admission into top 10 colleges of world depend on?.do iitian have the same paypackage as that of an nitian?.

hi,

i am nikhil,and i studying in nit surathkal( 1 sem).do you think the chances of getting an nitian in top 10 colleges of world for Mtec is equvilatent to that of an iitian having the same CGPA?. on what factors does admission into top 10 colleges of world depend on?.do iitian have the same paypackage as that of an nitian?.

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

Ramesh V
70 Points
14 years ago

Hello Nikhil,

Congrats on getting into NIT surathkal

I do think an iitian has gud advantage for higher studies in TOP universities, but not a lot more than nitian.

For getting into TOP universities, one requires a good CGPA and he shld have a gud research experience through academic projects at NIT/IIT. I feel that this is the place where there comes difference between NIT and IIT.

I feel that IITs are equipped with very good labaratories and good research projects when compared with NITians (...no offence...) which would make IITians resumes attractive.

What I suugest you is -

1) Make a good academic resume with a couple of good projects which are worthy and if possible, publish them in international journals

2) In your 2nd and 3rd year summers, try for research experience in foreign universities in your field of interest (You may as your seniors about applying to univs)

3) A good GRE score (1400+ shld be fine)

As far as placements are considered, these days I dont find much differences in packages and job positions.

Good luck with your studies.....

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free