Hi, I am nithin. I am doing C.S at NITK surathkal. I had attempted jee 2009. But I did not get a very good rank( I got AIR 6688 in jee 2009). So, I thiught of attempting jee 2010. What is your opinion? Also, I have decided that I would join IItT only if I get C.S in old IITs. But you know that there is alot of risk (because I can C.S at IIT only if my rank is

Hi,

I am nithin. I am doing C.S at NITK surathkal. I had attempted jee 2009. But I did not get a very good rank( I got AIR 6688 in jee 2009). So, I thiught of attempting jee 2010. What is your opinion? Also, I have decided that I would join IItT only if I get C.S in old IITs. But you know that there is alot of risk (because I can C.S at IIT only if my rank is< 500). So I am thinking very deeply about my decision. I taking into accout of all the advantages that I would get after being an IIyian rather than an NITian. Or do you think doing C.S at nitk is as good as in few of the IITs.  Can you please do me a favour by showing me the right way. Please do support your answer by giving strong reason ( because this my future). Also, please tell me about the davantages I would get after being an IItian(like good profs, Good oppurtunity of studying abroad-MIT or stanford, even the salary). Please reply to me quite soon. Time is running!!!   

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

AskIITians Expert Hari Shankar IITD
17 Points
14 years ago

You have already mentioned all the advantages of studying in IIT. I would say you should drop an year and target next years' JEE. But don't keep your mind closed. Rank in IIT-JEE is quite unpredictable. You can never say for sure that you will get CS next year. But try it anyway...you have one  more opportunity...its better to use it.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free