hello people, i have few doubts. first one is that , i belong to state quota of tamil nadu. my state rank in aieee-2009 is 520.i had jus asked how metallurgy or production is , but before that i would like to know if i hav any chances of making it to nit trichy. can any one , say anything reagrding this. now i come to my next doubt . i.e. ... nit trichy production or metallurgy..which is a better option. i had heard that production is around 80% of mechanical.then why is production not a craze. as of now these points are my doubts.i shall get back to u people when any other arise. thanking you.

hello people,

i have few doubts.

first one is that , i belong to state quota of tamil nadu. my state rank in aieee-2009 is 520.i had jus asked how metallurgy or production is , but before that i would like to know if i hav any chances of making it to nit trichy.

can any one , say anything reagrding this. now i come to my next doubt . i.e. ... nit trichy production or metallurgy..which is a better option.

i had heard that production is around 80% of mechanical.then why is production not a craze.

as of now these points are my doubts.i shall get back to u people when any other arise.

thanking you.

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

The following are the opening and closing ranks for NIt Trichi fr the last yr. HS refers to the home state category, u can compare with those ranks and get a tentative idea , if u cud get the seat.

I ll suggest u to go for production over metallurgy, as u urself know its quite a lot like mechanical,  its just that it has something specificity in its scope. Its more related to the production and management sectors of an industry whereas mechanical has numerous and wide scope and applications as compared to production engg.

But as far as comparison with metallurgy is concerned , Production should be given a higher preference. Production engg from most of the institutes have gt good placement scenes, although metallurgy's good too. Not many institutes offer this course, so there are limited no. of such engineers in India , which is kinda an advantage for them.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free