i ve taken ece in a college which is not in top 100 colleges (siddaganga institute of technology)....now i'm getting electrical and electronics (eee) in rv college of engineering which is in top 50 colleges of india. pls tell me whether to take eee, or prefer SIT electroncs and communications

i ve taken ece in a college which is not in top 100 colleges (siddaganga institute of technology)....now i'm getting electrical and electronics (eee) in rv college of engineering which is in top 50 colleges of india. pls tell me whether to take eee, or prefer SIT electroncs and communications

Grade:

3 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

I would suggest u to go fr RV college of engineering as u are urself saying that its among the top 50 colleges and the other college is nt even in the top 100's. ECE and EEE are almost similar branches and it would nt be much of a difference in future prospects and content of the courses.

Electronics is the common among both and both of these are a derivative from the electrical engineering as the main branch. These branches have gt great scope ahead, so doing it from a better college wud be much more beneficial.

Graduates in Electronics Engineering have opportunities in Government and private companies for installation, operation and maintenance of electronics equipments and systems. Defence, space and other large research organisations employ electronics engineers in design and development of complex devices and systems for signal processing and telecommunication. Industries involved in design and fabrication of devices, integrated circuits, embedded systems, electronic equipments etc have also provide large scale placements for engineers with this specilisation. Installation and maintenance of electronic equipments used for health care in hospitals, equipments & systems for instrumentation and control in process industries automation systems of assembly line in production industries, etc are also handled by electronics engineers.

Knowledge of computer hardware, networking equipments and communication systems enables electronics engineering graduate helped them to annexe an edge in the IT job market. The skills and understanding developed in the course enable them to be preferred, as software professionals by IT companies.

AskIITianExpert Srijan.iitd
8 Points
14 years ago

i would suggest you should take addmission in rv college of engg. insteaad of SIT tumkur.firstly,its a very very good college as compared to SIT,secondly placement of rv has always been higher than any other college of karnataka and finally the SIT is located in tukur which is abt 3 hrs or so from b'lore while rv is in the main city.

Even branch wise talking the branch of eee is much more broader in context to the scope and growth.ece is actually a specialization of eee in true sense.This first round of counselling of COMEDK has been an entirely different trend setter but that is due to the panic effect of the economic slowdown.By the time you will be searching for job and placements the scene will be entirely different.eee has been the core and is in demand ever since.It will remain a bright career with many other specializations becoming popular seemingly in near future like nano electronics.

You can surely take addmission in RVCE keeping in mind all the factors i discussed above along with the ranking of colleges.!!!

animesh se
8 Points
14 years ago

Its but obvious that u shd choose rv col. as both the branches u hav mentioned are equally good bt since ur gettin rv col. I strongly recommend u to join rv.

It also has a great advantage of city Banglore, so dont think too much n take admission at rv col.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free