for iit delhi the crieteria for addmission into part m.tech courses is as writen below:
Degree: M.Tech.[ Part time/Evening programme ]
Minimum Eligibility: B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in relevant field with CGPA 6.75 on 10 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate for general category, and minimum 1 year experience as on 1 August. Must submit No Objection Certificate from employer at the time of interview. The organization where he/she is working should be located within 50 km. of IIT Delhi.
Selection basis: Written test and/or interview.
follow the link for iit kanpur: http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/acad/mtech.html
for iit bombay: http://www.iitb.ac.in/~cep/pglevel.html
for iit madras: http://mtechadm.iitm.ac.in/
for iit kgp : http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/mtech/
i dont think that part time m.tech students are allowed in campus placements because most of them are having a job along with their studies.They cant participate in interhostel events because they are never alloted hostels.
The part-time programmes constitute an opportunity given to working professionals in the NCR area to pursue an advanced degree at IIT Delhi.
visit the sites of the institutes for their rules and facilities for part time m.tech!!!!!
- Academically, the part-time programmes are identical to the full-time programmes.
- The normal duration of the Master's programmes is 6 semesters instead of 4, to complete the 60 credits of work.
- A part-time student can take no more than 12 credits a semester.
- There is only a small difference in the admission requirements (e.g., GATE is not mandatory, the academic performance requirements may be slightly different) and the admission test process may involve additional tests.
- The only other "concession" for the part-time student is that we will hold classes for core courses in the morning slots [C: 8-9 and D: 9-10 on Tue, Wed and Fri; and A: 8-9:30 and B: 9:30-11:00 on Mon, Thu]. Students should select elective courses on the basis of convenience and interest.