DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

sir,

please tell me about the procedure of part time m.tech. does iits and nits provide part time m.tech.can part time m.tech students participate in campus placements. is there any difference that part time students have to suffer in campus  placements of the college

5 years ago

Answers : (4)

for iit delhi the crieteria for addmission into part m.tech courses is as writen below:

Degree: M.Tech.[ Part time/Evening programme ]

Minimum Eligibility: B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in relevant field with CGPA 6.75 on 10 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate for general category, and minimum 1 year experience as on 1 August. Must submit No Objection Certificate from employer at the time of interview. The organization where he/she is working should be located within 50 km. of IIT Delhi.

Selection basis: Written test and/or interview.

follow the link for iit kanpur: http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/acad/mtech.html

for iit bombay: http://www.iitb.ac.in/~cep/pglevel.html

for iit madras: http://mtechadm.iitm.ac.in/

for iit kgp : http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/mtech/

i dont think that part time m.tech students are allowed in campus placements because most of them are having a job along with their studies.They cant participate in interhostel events because they are never alloted hostels.

The part-time programmes constitute an opportunity given to working professionals in the NCR area to pursue an advanced degree at IIT Delhi.

• Academically, the part-time programmes are identical to the full-time programmes.

• The normal duration of the Master's programmes is 6 semesters instead of 4, to complete the 60 credits of work.

• A part-time student can take no more than 12 credits a semester.

• There is only a small difference in the admission requirements (e.g., GATE is not mandatory, the academic performance requirements may be slightly different) and the admission test process may involve additional tests.

• The only other "concession" for the part-time student is that we will hold classes for core courses in the morning slots [C: 8-9 and D: 9-10 on Tue, Wed and Fri; and A: 8-9:30 and B: 9:30-11:00 on Mon, Thu]. Students should select elective courses on the basis of convenience and interest.

visit the sites of the institutes for their rules and  facilities for part time m.tech!!!!!

5 years ago

Hi

There is no such course offered at IITs such as part time MTech. They are full time courses with intensive course plan,  Mtech projects that is compulsary fr all Mtech students. Campus placement fr Mtech in IIT is a bit less as compared to Btechs but there nt a great difference.

As far as other colleges are concerned, which might offer Part time MTechs , i think placement fr regular batches is bound to be better as compared to Part time students. Companies do not prefer correspondence or Part time courses, they want fully trained employees with an intensive training.

5 years ago

Hi Sir,

Please let me know the eligibility criteria fro Part-Time Mtech (CS). I have done MCA from IGNOU, and currently working in an MNC Gurgaon. Am I eligible for Part-Time M-Tech from IIT?

Thanks

Mukesh

2 years ago

Sir,

I have done by Btech in Electronics & Instrumentationa nd I am currently working in a leading VLSI firm in bangalore. Is there any possibilty of doing an Mtech as a part time student. Since the company doesnt lie in the 50 km radius clause, does IITD provide any support for its MTech or MS(R) like it has for Phd where the residency time is 6 months. Also, I would like to know if this is as effective as a regular full -time course.

Thanks.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
i got 100 marks in jee main and 94 percent in intermediate board in ANDHRA PRADESH will i get NIT my caste is SC which are suitable for ECE GROUP WHICH NIT will get

dont worry with that marks in sc category u can expect ECE at NIT warangal if u r home state in AP but only in round 4 or spot round(if any).youll get it just have hope

Prajwal Kavad 6 days ago

it is ur home state even though its in Telangana 370 seats reserved for AP students

Prajwal Kavad 6 days ago

just wait for tommorrow and due to SC+ homestate quota you can get ECE at Nit

Prajwal Kavad 6 days ago
sir please tell what is the net resistance between points P and Q.

1/net resistance =1/R +1/R = 2/R net resistance = R/2 proided your pand q is located in the point as shown in your attachement.

Archita 6 days ago

total resistance in 5R/2 and not 2R/5 it is simple series and parallel circuit plz refer your scool textbooks it will have enough theory to sove this problem

Prajwal Kavad 6 days ago

the answer is 2R/5 iwant the solution how to find it.

manoj singh 6 days ago
Sir, what are advantages and disadvantages of 5 year integrated programmes? please reply sir

Advantage is that you will be having the Mater’s degre having more knowledge then the BTech students. But not much significant increases in the salary pacakeges.
  img
Vijay Mukti yesterday
I GOT 198 CUT OFF IN TN BOARD EXAM FOR TNEA 2015 (M 200, P 196, C 196, CS 185). 118 MARKS IN JEE MAIN 2015. CAN I GET B.TECH CSE IN NIT TRICHY ? CAN I GET B.E CSE IN ANNA UNIV CEG CAMPUS?...

Dear Student, B.E is bachelor of engineering Btech is bachelor of technogy Both are almost same only the name is different. but generally BE < Btech CS is difficult to get but still...
  img
Nishant Vora 16 days ago

The cut off for B.E Cse in anna University is like this OC 200, BC 199.75, MBC 199.25,SC 196,BCM 199.50,SCA194.33,ST 186.25.. It depends on the category in which you belong, B.E means...

tiny 14 days ago

Both are almost same only the name is different. but generallyBE

sajid 13 days ago
i am getting 49 marks in mains 2015 including bonus am i able to qualify,i am sc?

You can try some of the top universities which provide you excellent placement opportunities, good scholarships,top infrastructure,enhancement in communiccation skills, the universities are ...

abhinaipadachuru 14 days ago

NO for Engg, but some other study programs may be sought for, try at – Sri Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Uni, Rajasthan Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara Collge of mgmt and tech edu, Hamirpur

Ayushmaan Vardhan 24 days ago

sorry u won’t quailfy ,because cutoff is 50 for sc..But if u have good board score,u still have chances for nit’s and cfti

imranmd 2 months ago
india's national game is ?

Dear Vandu singh Hockey is national game of india All the best Regards Badiuddin

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 5 years ago

it’s hockey

SAITEJA GOUD one month ago
View all Questions »