sir, i have heard that scholarship is granted during m.tech. is that true. does all iits and nits provide this scholarship to all m.tech students. Secondly, i want to know about the procedure of part time m.tech .Does part time m.tech students also get campus placements like regularones. will you advise me persuing parttime m.tech. thanks

sir,

i have heard that scholarship is granted during m.tech. is that true. does all iits and nits provide this scholarship to all m.tech students. Secondly, i want to know about the procedure of part time m.tech.Does part time m.tech students also get campus placements like regularones. will you advise me persuing parttime m.tech.

thanks

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

Admission to postgraduate programmes with MHRD and some other government scholarship/assistantship at engineering colleges/institutes in the country are open to those who qualify through GATE. GATE qualified candidates with Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy or Master's degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications are eligible for Master/Doctoral programmes in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy as well as for Doctoral programmes in relevant branches of Science. To avail the scholarship, the candidate must secure admission to such a postgraduate programme, as per the prevailing procedure of the admitting institution. GATE qualification, however, is not required for candidates with Master's degree in Engineering /Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy, who may be seeking scholarship/ assistantship for relevant doctoral programmes.

Some institutions specify GATE as the mandatory qualification even for admission of self-financing students to postgraduate programmes. GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects. Some government organizations prescribe GATE qualification as a requirement for applying to the post of a Scientist / Engineer.

Before applying for GATE 2009, candidates must assure themselves that they have chosen the right paper, which qualifies them to become eligible to seek admission to the specific programme they are interested in. The criteria for postgraduate admission with Scholarship/ Assistantship are different in various Institutes/Universities.

Like for IIT Delhi, the post graduates are paid 8000 a month, and  u need to maintain a CG of 7.00 and above. This is particularly fr IIT Delhi, likewise each college has their own criteria.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free