Hello sir/mam, i am currently doing b.tech in ece in a good college from punjab. here generally good students got 3 lac package. iwant to ask - if i do m.tech from iit how much can i expect.can u provide me any link of placements of m.tech students of iits. does m.tech students also have 100 percent placements like b.tech students. what r the career options apart from teaching after m.tech from iit thanks please reply soon

Hello sir/mam,

i am currently doing b.tech in ece in a good college from punjab. here generally good students got 3 lac package. iwant to ask -

if i do m.tech from iit how much can i expect.can u provide me any link of placements of m.tech students of iits.

does m.tech students also have 100 percent placements like b.tech students.

what r the career options apart from teaching after m.tech from iit

thanks

please reply soon

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

IITs do not disclose their placement records in public, so watever info is there about the placements is the average packages for the institute. Although IITs are famous fr their B.Tech courses but M.Tech is also very good in IITs.

Basically the research work, is carried out by the PhDs and the MTech students. THe placements fr M.tech are decent with an average package of about 4-5 lacs p.a but due to recession last yr the placement ws adversely affected. So, one can not say fr sure wat lies in near future.

Apart from teching there are various career options, like becoming a research scholar, or a scientist, and work as engineers too. These are just a few commons, but as per the departments the jobs are numerous. ECE has gt numerous options in India at present. Graduates in Electronics Engineering have opportunities in Government and private companies for installation, operation and maintenance of electronics equipments and systems. Defence, space and other large research organisations employ electronics engineers in design and development of complex devices and systems for signal processing and telecommunication. Industries involved in design and fabrication of devices, integrated circuits, embedded systems, electronic equipments etc have also provide large scale placements for engineers with this specilisation. Installation and maintenance of electronic equipments used for health care in hospitals, equipments & systems for instrumentation and control in process industries automation systems of assembly line in production industries, etc are also handled by electronics engineers.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free