Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 7,500 off
USE CODE: SPCL50

Hello again. Well I have taken your advice and opted for NIT Calicut Computer Science. Still waiting for the seond round of seat allotment at IIT. Do you think there is any hope ? with rank 7118 ? Regards.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi

Well, its good u have taken admission , CSE from NITs is a good option . As far as , getting into IITs is concerned , there are seats vacant coz all the quota seats have nt been filled up , as many students cud nt clear the cut off. 1100 of the quota seats were nt filled up, even when the cut off fr quota ws lowered.

Some of the obc seats have been transferred to general , and rest are fr the preparatory courses. At your rank , i think it would be quite low probability getting into IITs even in the second counselling. At present , be content with ur current situation as its good too, and hope fr the best.

Best of Luck!!

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

I wanna know that what docs IITs check of an OBC – NCL Candidate.. And information about the format ( WHAT IS THE USE OF THE FORMAT ON WEBSITE)

OBC-NCL certificate issued on or after June 1, 2015 and conforming to the latest guidelines of the Government of India.is required at time of seeking admission thanks

SAHIL 19 days ago

@rishabh The OBC – NCL certificate will doesnot require in any format, the only thing that u have to keep in mind that it will clear irrespective of the format . but this year as iit...

Umakant biswal 19 days ago

@umakant biswal I’m asking about the from they have on IIT’s Website about OBC NCL Certificate.. And another ques. .. Will they check the income certificate also at IIT or only the OBC...

Rishabh 19 days ago
I did not study computer science in class 12th as physical education was my 4th subject. Can i study computer science at nits or iiits?

@ neelandra yes, for sure . once you will qualify JEE that is what is all required to study at nit / iit , it doesnot matter wheather u have comp sci or physical education as 4 th optional...

Umakant biswal 9 days ago

No need to worry about computer science. it is very easy to learn. if dont study cse in 12 standard . take a minor courses on computer science like languages,theory of computers,...

ewfl 9 days ago
Sir, will cutoffs(closing ranks) after second round ? if it changes then by how much ranks it may change?

You should better visit the official weblink of Josaa and get to know what is the current scenario over there and get to know the status there,...................if you feel contented, then ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 11 months ago

in mp counselling my rank is 1900 what can i get in 2 nd counselling

aditya lahariya 11 months ago

Yes it changes and with a difference of 2000-2500 only.

Akshit Matthew 11 months ago
Sir I want to ask u that my 11th syllabus is not fully covered bcaz of some reason to crack alpmt what I should do? Plz help me

Firstly prepare those chaptes which have been covered. And if the time remains, then you can ask your faculty or friends to explain you the important topics/chapters from the remaining...
  img
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
I got 147 marks in jee mains 2016 and 94% in cbse boards. What should be my rank? And which college will be best for me? I am searching for college which can provide me good academics and...

Yatin..congratulations on scoring so good in class 12 examination and you JEE score is also good but your rank could be >10000 so i can’t promise you your desired college but as you say...

medha 9 days ago

hi yatin to predict your rank visit http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/rank-predictor.html to know best available colleges and branches for use visit...

SAHIL 17 days ago
which books are simmilar to the books provided by the aakash/fitjee institute and are easily available in market. please help??

Sorry, I can not provide you the sample copy of books. But if you wants to purchase it, you can provide me your contact details and our concerned team will contact you. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 11 months ago

You can purchase the study material form us. If you are interested please reply to it. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 11 months ago

@vijay mukti sir i wanted books for science and maths for class 10. please tell the amount of all the books and can you send me a sample of your books on my email id. thankyou

Shivam Singh 11 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 7,500 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 7,500 off