I'm getting civil in nit jamshedpur as well as jadavpur university. Which one should i opt? Kindly help.

I'm getting civil in nit jamshedpur as well as jadavpur university. Which one should i opt?
Kindly help.

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

I am forwarding u the list of top 25 colleges for engineering in India:

Top  Engineering Colleges in India 

Rank Name of the Institute City
1 Indian Institute of Technology IIT Mumbai
2 Indian Institute of Technology IIT Delhi
3 Indian Institute of Technology IIT Kanpur
4 Indian Institute of Technology IIT Chennai
5 Indian Institute of Technology IIT Kharagpur
6 BITS Pilani
7 Indian Institute of Technology IIT Roorkee
8 NIT - National Institute of Technology Warangal
9 Indian Institute of Technology IIT Guwahati
10 BIT, Mesra Ranchi
11 Jadavpur University, Faculty of Engg & Tech Kolkata
12 Indian School of Mines Dhanbad
13 NIT - National Institute of Technology Trichy
14 Delhi College of Engineering New Delhi
15 IIT - BHU  Varanasi
16 Punjab Engineering College Chandigarh
17 NIT - National Institute of Technology Surat
18 College of Engg, Anna University Guindy
19 Motilal Nehru National Inst. of Technology Allahabad
20 Harcourt Butler Technological Institute Kanpur
21 Thapar Inst of Engineering & Technology Patiyala
22 Bengal Eng Science University, Shibpur Howrah
23 Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology New Delhi
24 MANIT  Bhopal
25 PSG College of Technology Coimbatore 

For the whole list please follow the link www.askiitians.com/top_colleges.aspx

So, i wud suggest u for Jadvpur university over NIT jamshedpur as u r getting the same branch in both the institutes , so opt fr a better institute. 

Jadvpur university is regarded as a premier center of education and research throughout the country primarily because of its strong engineering and technology programs. Engineering students consistently get placed in top institutions for graduate studies in India (like Indian Institutes of Technology, Indian Institutes of Management, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Indian Statistical Institute, Indian Institute of Science etc.) and abroad (like Georgia Tech, etc.) Arts and sciences students have also been known to enroll for graduate studies in places like Jawaharlal Nehru University, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (in India) and Stanford University, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, University of Texas, University of Illinois, and the State University of New York (in the United States).

Some current rankings are given as follows:

• Faculty of Engineering and Technology ranked 11th in India (India Today 2007) http://www.vit.ac.in/indiatoday/indiatoday.htm
  • Faculty of Engineering and Technology ranked 18th in India (DataQuest-IDC-NASSCOM 2006) http://www.wes.org/ewenr/06aug/india.htm
  • Ranked 4th in India under Industry Interface (DataQuest 2005 http://www.rediff.com/money/2005/jun/28spec.htm
  • Faculty of Arts ranked 29th in India (India Today 2008)
  • Faculty of Engineering and Technology ranked 14th in India (DataQuest-IDC-NASSCOM 2007)
  • Faculty of Engineering and Technology ranked 15th in India (India Today 2008)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free