My son is going to enter into class IX at Gorakhpur in LFS with ICSE Board. What should I plan for best prospects to prepare for IIT entrance ?

My son is going to enter into class IX at Gorakhpur in LFS with ICSE Board. What should I plan for best prospects to prepare for IIT entrance ?

Grade:

3 Answers

AKASH GOYAL AskiitiansExpert-IITD
420 Points
13 years ago

Dear VKT

At this stage what he can do is to pay attention towards understanding of Physics, maths and chemistry. this will form the basis for the study in 11th and 12th and for IIT JEE. read the things conceptually rather remembering. and from 11th join some good coaching

All the best.                                                           

AKASH GOYAL

AskiitiansExpert-IIT Delhi

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

surya satya kumar
31 Points
13 years ago

DEAR SIR,

IT'S RIGHT TIME TO SEND YOUR CHILD FOR IIT FOUNDATION COACHING SO THAT HE COULD GET SOME WHAT RELIEVED & BE THOROUGH WITH THE CONCEPTS BY THE TIME HE GOES TO INTERMEDIATE.

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear student,

The best time to start preparation is at the beginning of 11th class. Students are fresh after the break after boards and a lot more can be learnt. Students who start late often end up leaving some key topics of 11th class JEE syllabus. Also, if you start your preparation in 12th class then the amount of hard work is increased manifold due to additional pressure of 12th boards, so chances of getting a high rank in JEE are decreased. There is a big transition from the mugging up study of 10th class to more understanding based study of 11th class. So you shouldn't get bogged down by seeing the level of complexity in JEE exam.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free