Sir , I have been really naive and confused over the choice of book and i would like an experienced mentor/teacher guide me . I have blindly joined Narayana coaching institute and to my dismay it turned out to be a bad decision. So back to the point . I have purchased the following books ,please guide me if I need any additional ones . Mathematics TMH RD Sharma IIT-JEE Vol 1 Cengage Trigonometry Ncert 11th CBSE maths Telugu Akademi 1A and 1B Chemistry TMH OpTandon -Physical and inorganic P. Bahadur - objective chemistry vol 2 Ncert Telugu Akademi Physics I Irodov HC Verma Vol 1 Halliday Resnick Walker 8 edition Mechanics by DC Pandey background info ... I have passed out of CBSe Xth grade this very year with a decent CGPA of 9.8 (HT no. 630000 ) and as such I have a few problems adjusting to the SSC syllabus of Andhra Pradesh It also perplexes and worries me that we are being taught about Sets in 11th grade CBSE but SSC has been taught about that much earlier . So I fear that i might have missed some vital chapters and/or concepts .So which book should i follow to brush up my mathematics concepts right up from the very start( not addition ,subtraction ..... just the important basics necessary for IIT-JEE) Also is RD sharma and IA Maron a good choice ? Which is better for a cbse based student like myself ...RD Sharma IIT JEE vol 1 &2 (or) Objective Mathematics RD Sharma VOl 1 & 2 Also if i only follow 1 and only 1 good book building up the concepts for mathematics , will that suffice ? Awating your reply .

Sir , I have been really naive and confused over the choice of book and i would like an experienced mentor/teacher guide me .

I have blindly joined Narayana coaching institute and to my dismay it turned out to be a bad decision.

So back to the point .

I have purchased the following books ,please guide me if I need any additional ones .

Mathematics

TMH

RD Sharma IIT-JEE Vol 1

Cengage Trigonometry

Ncert 11th CBSE maths

Telugu Akademi 1A and 1B

Chemistry

TMH

OpTandon -Physical and inorganic

P. Bahadur - objective chemistry vol 2

Ncert

Telugu Akademi

Physics

I Irodov

HC Verma Vol 1

Halliday Resnick Walker 8 edition 

Mechanics by DC Pandey 

background info ...

I have passed out of CBSe Xth grade this very year with a decent CGPA of 9.8 (HT no. 630000 ) and as such I have a few problems adjusting to the SSC syllabus of Andhra Pradesh 

It also perplexes and worries me that we are being taught about Sets in 11th grade CBSE but SSC has been taught about that much earlier . So I fear that i might have missed some vital chapters and/or concepts .So which book should i follow to brush up my mathematics concepts right up from the very start( not addition ,subtraction ..... just the important basics necessary for IIT-JEE)

Also is RD sharma and IA Maron a good choice ?

Which is better for a cbse based student like myself ...RD Sharma IIT JEE vol 1 &2 (or) Objective Mathematics RD Sharma VOl 1 & 2 

Also if i only follow 1 and only 1 good book building up the concepts for mathematics , will that suffice ?

Awating your reply .

Grade:11

1 Answers

suryakanth AskiitiansExpert-IITB
105 Points
13 years ago

Dear syed,

I suggest you follow 11th maths CBSE simlutaniously with 1A or 1B.There is not much to cover, you can cover it easily.RD sharma is very helpfull book if you have good SSC maths background.If you can cover the gap, you can utilise it to the core.Dont take objective RD sharma take the conceptual one.RD shrma and IA maron are good books, you can defnetly follow them.You can follow a single book to buildup your concepts, but inorder to get exposed to different variety of problems you have to solve questions from different books.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free