akash sir pls tell me the percentage i should get to get into an iit (the minimum ) i am currently getting 25% is it possible for me to get into an iit by putting all my best to get 35%

akash sir pls tell me the percentage i should get to get into an iit (the minimum ) i am currently getting 25% is it possible for me to get into an iit  by putting all my  best to get 35%

Grade:

1 Answers

AKASH GOYAL AskiitiansExpert-IITD
420 Points
13 years ago

Dear Yashwant

Its difficult to predict the ranks marks wise as it depends on the difficulty level of the papers and changes every year. To get into IITs you should get rank aroud 5100 (minimum). From the data of jee 2009, rank 5000 was at marks 205 out of 480 marks that is equal to 42.7%. So you should aim at least 45% marks to be on safer side. but dont take it as final as it can go up or down also, depending on the level of paper.

The tests you are giving currently are for learning purpose only. try to learn from your mistakes. dont take  these marks so seriously. remove your weaknesses. your main aim is to score good marks in JEE. and there is enough time to improve. I have seen many students doing good in tests but failed to do so in JEE. so keep your aim in mind.

All the best.

AKASH GOYAL

AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free