I have secured seat in IIT Chennai for 4 yrs B.Tech in Metallurgy branch & also in BITS Pilani BE( Hons) -Computer science branch. I am confused now which one to select. Can you advise with suitable reasoning?

I have secured seat in IIT Chennai for 4 yrs B.Tech in Metallurgy branch & also in BITS Pilani BE( Hons) -Computer science branch. I am confused now which one to select. Can you advise with suitable reasoning?

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

I would advise u to go for IIT Madras , mettalurgy instead of BITS Pilani CS . Although BITS Pilani is also a highly reputed institute with a superb faculty and infrastructure, but IIT Madras carries the name of its brand IIT.

If u are concerned about the branch mettalurgy , it might quite specific and not so common, but it surely has got good scope. Metallurgical Engineering is a broad field that deals with all sorts of metal-related areas. The three main branches of this major are physical metallurgy, extractive metallurgy, and mineral processing. Physical metallurgy deals with problem solving: you’ll develop the sorts of metallic alloys needed for different types of manufacturing and construction. Extractive metallurgy involves extracting metal from ore. Mineral processing involves gathering mineral products from the earth’s crust.

But last of all matters on ur interest of the subject, if u are really interested in doing computers, then go for BITS as it is also a very good institute.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free