Use Coupon: CART10 and get 10% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 50% OFF on Online Material.
Use coupon code: MOB50 | View Course list

wat is d difference between stereospecific and stereoselective type of rxns????please give an example also..

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear unnati

Stereospecific Reaction: One in which one or more reactants or catalysts cause a reaction to take place at specific conformational sites, thus leading to a preferred spatial geometry of the reaction product. Syndiotactic polymers are a result of stereospecific polymerization

For example, the addition of dibromocarbene to cis-2-butene yields cis-2,3-dimethyl-1,1-dibromocyclopropane whereas addition of dibromocarbene to the trans isomer exclusively yields the trans cyclopropane.

stereospecific carbene reaction

Stereoselective Reaction:stereoselectivity is the property of a chemical reaction in which a single reactant forms an unequal mixture of stereoisomers during the non-stereospecific creation of a new stereocenter or during the non-stereospecific transformation of a pre-existing one

An example of modest stereoselectivity is the dehydrohalogenationof 2-iodo-butane which yields 60% trans-2-butene and 20% cis-2-butene. Since alkene geometric isomers are also classified as diastereomers, this reaction would also be called diastereoselective.

Stereoselective dehalogenation

All the best

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

WHAR ARE THE best college for nuclear engineering in india
IT IS A GOOD SCIENTIFIC BRANCH BUT NOT A GOOD SCOPE IN INDIA SUM OF GOOD NUCLER COLLEGES ARE IN INDIA ARE Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University- School of Technology, Gandhinagar (Gujarat)...
Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 2 months ago
the below listed are the top rated inst asked for by you:-Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University- School of Technology, Gandhinagar (Gujarat) Raisan Village , Gandhinagar (Gandhinagar Dist.) ...
Soneel Verma 2 months ago
give some good iitjee coatching classes in indore
Dear Student, Top IIT JEE coachings of indore are Allen, Aakash, Ranker’s point, Resonance. There are more coachings like Gupta Tutorial, stratford, Ribosome, Catelyser. You can also...
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
some good iitjee coatching classes in indore rankers point catalyser kalpravax allen indore stratford acadmey resonance indore success point injeenious acadmey iit circle PLEASE ..... if u...
i will prefer u resonance among all coaching centres resonance is best institute and gives very goodd material and coaching also and tests of resonancre are also of great level APPROVE IF...
ng29 2 months ago
what is the furture scope in haking
Hacking have a good scope. Many companies regares a good programing skill person, and I think that a hacker have it. Also you can go for higher studies in it. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
As ethical hacking has a wider scope, so it opens a lot of career opportunities. The designations that can be achieved by the person involves: Network Security System Administrator/Manager...
There is a very wide scope in the field of Hacking, but it has to be an ethical one, one must work for intelligence, telecom companies, Police deptt, Defence forces etc and you may be an...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 2 months ago
Hi sir, i am getting both dtu and nit warangal cs but i am lot confused in the above 2 institutes.I have searched lot but till have'nt found any solution. Please i request help me in...
I you want the higher salary job then you can choose any. But if you are aiming for civil services exams, or any other similar option then dtu is better as is will be near by delhi. You can...
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
Well.... DTU and NIT Warangal can be compared on many factors... First of all if you really want to go for masters... go for NIT Warangal ---> The simple reason is it has the NIT tag. It is ...
Parth Goswami 3 months ago
why there is sign of question mark at the end of formulas????
Dear Student, Pls tell me which question mark sign you are talking about? Thanks
Nishant Vora 5 months ago
Every sign has its mean, thats why...
Saurabh Kumar 5 months ago
Please tell at the end of whic formulae there is sign of question mark.
Adarsh 4 months ago
hello sir my jeemains 2015 ranking is 157640 can i get admission in any good collage
It will be better you join any good institute near by your area.
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details