DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

wat is d difference between stereospecific and stereoselective type of rxns????please give an example also..

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear unnati

Stereospecific Reaction: One in which one or more reactants or catalysts cause a reaction to take place at specific conformational sites, thus leading to a preferred spatial geometry of the reaction product. Syndiotactic polymers are a result of stereospecific polymerization

For example, the addition of dibromocarbene to cis-2-butene yields cis-2,3-dimethyl-1,1-dibromocyclopropane whereas addition of dibromocarbene to the trans isomer exclusively yields the trans cyclopropane.

stereospecific carbene reaction

Stereoselective Reaction:stereoselectivity is the property of a chemical reaction in which a single reactant forms an unequal mixture of stereoisomers during the non-stereospecific creation of a new stereocenter or during the non-stereospecific transformation of a pre-existing one

An example of modest stereoselectivity is the dehydrohalogenationof 2-iodo-butane which yields 60% trans-2-butene and 20% cis-2-butene. Since alkene geometric isomers are also classified as diastereomers, this reaction would also be called diastereoselective.

Stereoselective dehalogenation

All the best

AKASH GOYAL
AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Which of the following is better:- A good branch from a not so good college OR A not so good branch from a good college as: Presently I am getting CS + MBA in Thapar University, Patiala. I...

Manipal and Thapar Both are godd options. I think the decision should be yours now. Cost of study in Manipal is comparatively high but in Thapar you will have to go for CS+MBA. Yes you are...
  img
Vijay Mukti 3 days ago

MBA will be a merit but if you can afford Manipal you can choose that option too. Regarding degree. I am not sure but I think you will get one integrated degree. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 3 days ago

My suggestion will be towards CS. As CSE Enggs are in high demands now. Prefer CS branch. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 3 days ago
is weapon technology had scope in india

1)City Engineering College Bangalore / Bengalooru , Karnataka Affiliated to : Bangalore University | Accredited by : AICTE | Private College 2) Institute of Engineering and Management,...
  img
Charchit Tailong 2 days ago

Weapons engineering is the design, development, testing and lifecycle management of military weapons and systems. It describe the knowledge of several traditionalengineeringdisciplines,...
  img
Ashutosh Sharma 2 days ago
Hello Sir, In the recent JEE Advanced 2015 , I have got seat in IIT Jodhpur for Mechanical Engineering.I also have BITS Goa for Mechanical Engineering. Which institute should I go for now ?

If the placements of any institute is better then other that directly means that the quality of education is better there. Regarding infrastructure, ofcourse BITS will have better as IITJ is...
  img
Vijay Mukti 17 days ago

I suggest to visit the official weblinks of both the institutions and check out the status of fee structure and placement data, and accordingly you may make a choice, otherwise both the...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 days ago

If fees is no problem for you then go for BITs goa else go for iit (but keep in mind that iit j is a new one)

Prajwal Kavad 17 days ago
Sir, Can you plz give me a proper answer to the question that what is the difference between software and a software product. I have to submit an assingment on this question so could also...

Hi Manali, A software application is the software developed by considering the requirements of the customer. For software apllication the proposed company owns the application. A Software...

askiitian.expert- chandra sekhar 5 years ago
can i prefer mining over the aerospace in iit kanpuer........

You may not
  img
Avinash one month ago

if you are intrested in mining then go for it or else aerospace is a better option

Prajwal Kavad one month ago
at what time should one start preparing for iit jee??

Dear ANSHUL SHUKLA IIT JEE ine of the toughest compititive exam.And day by day compitition is increasing for IITs. So i will suggest you to start prepearing for IIT JEE from 11th standard....

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 5 years ago
View all Questions »