ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

wat is d difference between stereospecific and stereoselective type of rxns????please give an example also..

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear unnati

Stereospecific Reaction: One in which one or more reactants or catalysts cause a reaction to take place at specific conformational sites, thus leading to a preferred spatial geometry of the reaction product. Syndiotactic polymers are a result of stereospecific polymerization

For example, the addition of dibromocarbene to cis-2-butene yields cis-2,3-dimethyl-1,1-dibromocyclopropane whereas addition of dibromocarbene to the trans isomer exclusively yields the trans cyclopropane.

stereospecific carbene reaction

Stereoselective Reaction:stereoselectivity is the property of a chemical reaction in which a single reactant forms an unequal mixture of stereoisomers during the non-stereospecific creation of a new stereocenter or during the non-stereospecific transformation of a pre-existing one

An example of modest stereoselectivity is the dehydrohalogenationof 2-iodo-butane which yields 60% trans-2-butene and 20% cis-2-butene. Since alkene geometric isomers are also classified as diastereomers, this reaction would also be called diastereoselective.

Stereoselective dehalogenation

All the best

AKASH GOYAL
AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Hello sir now I'm in 11 and I'm also preparing for iit . I want to become a theoretical phycists .so my question is can we do the course of iit for becoming a phycists and if yes den in...

you have to choose research work probably in IISC after jee advance and u should be a astrophysicist and get a job in ISRO

somnath sharma yesterday

but after m.tech in iit can’t we get ph.d from iit for reserch instead of iisc?

NIRAJ TIRTHANI yesterday

yes only because u have reservation

somnath sharma yesterday
Can someone please tell me the date to download admit card for IPU entrance test ?

lakshay admit card will be issued on website just one week before the exam it will be dispalyed on official website of ipu thaty is ipu.ac.in u need not to worry when it will be shown i will...

ng29 21 days ago

lakshay i have not heard about MIT PUNE u can check it on internet but u can try for jaypee noida also its good college and also had good placements and dont need to worry for ipu as it is...

ng29 21 days ago

Thankyou . Can you please tell me the rank required in JEE MAINS 2015 to get admission in MIT Pune for Mech. Eng. ? I am from general cateagory . I scored 91 in JEE MAINS and expect to get...

lakshay gaur 21 days ago
Howto increase concentration on studies?

Try these... 1.. Find an appropriate study environment. Generally, it is a good idea to eliminate distractions as much as possible while studying.Find a quiet area, such as a private room....
  img
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago

Hi, Find an appropriate study environment.Generally, it is a good idea to eliminate distractions as much as possible while studying.Find a quiet area, such as a private room. Turn off any...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 6 months ago
DEAR SIR , 1 . Is reciprocating motion same as linear motion .

Reciprocating motion, also called reciprocation, is a repetitive up-and-down or back-and-forth linear motion. This is the definition. Hence, reciprocating motion is a type of linear motion....
  img
Aziz Alam 9 months ago

reciprocating motion is a type of linesr motion

jeeva 8 months ago

reciprocating motion is a type of linesr motion

jeeva 8 months ago
Between IIT Roorkee Geological technology (M.Tech.) and BITS-Pilani Mechanical or Civil, what should I opt for

If you are in TOP 10% of your class then you will be highly placed in IITR GT and if not you will get average package. But if you want to play safe I would advise you for BITS Pilani...
  img
Sourabh Singh 10 months ago

Now I’ve been alotted chemical in pilani (2nd iteration). Waiting for iit third round. How do my options weigh up now? Thanks for the previous answer, by the way.@Sourabh Singh.

Rayaam Ghosh 10 months ago
i got 30621 rank in b.arch where can i get seat

In what jee or nata

milind 10 months ago

What is your score

milind 10 months ago

milind 10 months ago
View all Questions »