ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

wat is d difference between stereospecific and stereoselective type of rxns????please give an example also..

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear unnati

Stereospecific Reaction: One in which one or more reactants or catalysts cause a reaction to take place at specific conformational sites, thus leading to a preferred spatial geometry of the reaction product. Syndiotactic polymers are a result of stereospecific polymerization

For example, the addition of dibromocarbene to cis-2-butene yields cis-2,3-dimethyl-1,1-dibromocyclopropane whereas addition of dibromocarbene to the trans isomer exclusively yields the trans cyclopropane.

stereospecific carbene reaction

Stereoselective Reaction:stereoselectivity is the property of a chemical reaction in which a single reactant forms an unequal mixture of stereoisomers during the non-stereospecific creation of a new stereocenter or during the non-stereospecific transformation of a pre-existing one

An example of modest stereoselectivity is the dehydrohalogenationof 2-iodo-butane which yields 60% trans-2-butene and 20% cis-2-butene. Since alkene geometric isomers are also classified as diastereomers, this reaction would also be called diastereoselective.

Stereoselective dehalogenation

All the best

AKASH GOYAL
AskiitiansExpert-IITD

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
should I give my preference to lower branches ( like production and industrial engg ) @mnnit or any top nits or go for mech @hbti ?

give prefrence to this branches at the best nit you may get 1.CS 2.Electronics 3.Electrical 4.Mechanical 5.Chemical 6.Civil 7.Ocean engg & Naval architecture 8.Materials science &...
  img
Sher Mohammad 11 months ago

If you have interest in pursuing Mechanical Engg., then you should go for Mech at HBTI. If that is not the case then can go for the former, i.e. P&I at MNIT or top NITs.
  img
Aziz Alam 11 months ago
which branch to prefer delhi production bombay chemical bombay civil roorkee mechanical and electrical in preference order

Roorkee Mech, Bombay Civil, Delhi Production, Roorkee electrical, Bombay Chemical.
  img
Vijay Mukti 5 days ago

Roorkee Mech.
  img
Vijay Mukti 5 days ago

which is better bombay chemical and roorkee mech

Harshit 5 days ago
i got 100 marks in jee main and 94 percent in intermediate board in ANDHRA PRADESH will i get NIT my caste is SC which are suitable for ECE GROUP WHICH NIT will get

dont worry with that marks in sc category u can expect ECE at NIT warangal if u r home state in AP but only in round 4 or spot round(if any).youll get it just have hope

Prajwal Kavad 3 days ago

it is ur home state even though its in Telangana 370 seats reserved for AP students

Prajwal Kavad 3 days ago

just wait for tommorrow and due to SC+ homestate quota you can get ECE at Nit

Prajwal Kavad 2 days ago
years in which iit jee was organised by iit madras

Hi IIT JEE 2010 is being organised by IIT Madras, so was in the years 2002, 1997, 1993 Regards, Rajat Askiitians.com Expert

Askiitian.Expert Rajat 5 years ago
dates for availability of iit 2010 forms.

Dear Rohit, The IIT JEE 2010 Application Form will be Distributed 3rd week of November, 2009 and the last date for Submission IIT JEE 2010 Form will be Last Week of December, 2009. And for...

Amit Askiitiansexpert 5 years ago
choosing chemical or metalurgy is better

Shanti recently I visited MNIT from American sociey of metals and i saw that there were wonders in that field powder metallurgy was one of the best part over there

grenade 24 days ago

last year i visited iit bombay hope it helpde u plz aprve

grenade 24 days ago

metalurgy

grenade 24 days ago
View all Questions »