Sir , I am a final year engineering student , will be completing my engineeering in july 2011 , I wanted to ask a few Questions regarding CEED exam , 1. How much time before the CEED should an aspiring candidate start his/her prepration ? 2. How many candidates do they take in every year? ( the official website of IDC says they take 50 people , i wanted to know is it 50 in each discipline or 50 totally ) 3. I am a very creatively inclined person and am interested in doing a M.Des in Visual communications , If I start my prepration now , should i be hopeful of cracking the CEED 2011? Thank you Regards Kulpreeth .

Sir , 

I am a final year engineering student , will be completing my engineeering in july 2011 , I wanted to ask a few Questions regarding CEED exam ,

1. How much time before the CEED should an aspiring candidate start his/her prepration ?

2. How many candidates do they take in every year? ( the official website of IDC says they take 50 people , i wanted to know is it 50 in each discipline or 50 totally )

3. I am a very creatively inclined person and am interested in doing a M.Des in Visual communications , If I start my prepration now , should i be hopeful of cracking the CEED 2011?

Thank you

Regards

Kulpreeth .

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear student,

CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) is an all India examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT, Bombay), on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Education, Government of India. The examination tests the candidates for visual perception ability, drawing skills, design aptitude and communication skills. 

CEED is a qualifying examination for admission to Post Graduate M.Des. programmes at the Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay; IDDC, IIT Delhi; CPMD, IISc Bangalore; design Programme, IIT Kanpur. 

In addition to CEED, candidates also have to fulfill other requirements such as tests & interviews of the respective institutions for admission.

Common Entrance ExamINATION For Design (CEED)

CEED is an all India examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT, Bombay), on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Education, Government of India.

The examination tests the candidates for visual perception ability, drawing skills, design aptitude and communication skills.
CEED is a qualifying examination for admission to Post Graduate M.Des. programmes at the Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay, IDDC, IIT Delhi, CPMD, IISc Bangalore & Design Programme Department, IIT Kanpur.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free