There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

sir please reply as it is concerned about my future. i qualified to iit eml this year and as per my aieee rank i can get into nit-d nit-j nit-r etc.. but i want to opt out of nit only to prepare for iit-jee next year. looking at the negative side even if i can't make it to iit next year , yet i can have a good rank in aieee to to opt for nits again. my Q is tht is it safe to take this risk? and 4 yrs down d lane do repeaters get equal placement status compared to freshers?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Bitan

Take out this myth from your mind that whether the repeaters or freshers are treated the same or not. 4 yrs down the lane, nobody wud be interested whether u r a repeater or a fresher. companies coming to recruit you for jobs do not ask such questions. its entirely your academic performance and a balanced cv that gives you an edge over other students. You'll surely get the equal palacement status as any other fresher.

But considering your dropping an year and preparing for JEE, its entirely upon your commitment and the effort you put in during the year. i have seen my friends who have dropped but cudn't make it, n i have seen who made it. its entirely your own mind set .  If u r so eager to enter IITs , then surely give it a try. If u r really willing to focus and work hard , for the coming year go for the IITs.

If u still dun want to take the risk, NITs are nt a bad options too. NIT trichy, warangal, surathkal , calicut are gud institutions. Its entirely your choice, what u want in your future.

best of luck.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

I am a student at Fiitjee and I am to give my jee exam in 2018. I started my preperation for that can you please help me in preparing an affective study plan/time table.
@ aditya u have now ample of time for the preparation of jee , and start building your concept from now , donot get stuck in between and in case u are facing any kind of problem in study...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
i have not been able to access test series even though i have purchased iit jee complete study package and test series pls give url we have called ur number but no one is giving a...
@ raghav i am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you , kindlt drop a mail to the support team of askiitian and call them , and can u tell me how u subscribed the test series i mean the...
please click on generate test and you are able to generate a new test according to your need. still facing any problem feel free to post or call at 01204616500 thanks
SAHIL 2 months ago
Contact the customer care team of askiitians. They can help you out in this issue. You can call on their toll free no. Hope it helps.
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
i would liketo ask if an above average student like me ….who hasn’t participated in olympiads and all so much can crack iit with good rank? like i am smart enough but just never did so well ...
@ rushiklesh yes , for sure u can . beacuse olympiad donot have any relation with jee mainj and advanced . olympiad is just recommended to student only for checking their grasp on maths and ...
yeah obviously you can crack. After coming in 11 th from the first day u should be dedicated to study especially numericals. Practise them more and surely you can crack.
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
Well,is computer science or ECE good ih hyderabad BITS campus, if not then in which campus is it good?, is it enough to score 330 in bits to get a seat in BITS(ECE/CSE) in a good campus??
Yes both are good branches if you are able to score in Pilani its good or Hyderabad is not bad either . Yes if you are able to get this much definitely you will get engineering branch in...
Sourabh Singh 5 months ago
It totally depends on your personal choice as well as your interest what you really want to be in your life, otherwise both the branches are equally good. To talk about good colleges or...
Aneesh Sehgal 5 months ago
India is a democracy and it is best reflected in the latest dispute on nuclear deal with US. This deal will provide a good platform for sure but there are always some pros and cons . So i...
Hii Student I respect your concern for such an important topic but this is not the right platform for your this discussion. Do it where it is relevant and do the relevant things over here...
Sourabh Singh 2 years ago
sir in josaa 2016 counselling1`st round i had filled about 30 choices then after seat location result declaration mechanical branch was given to me then i accepted it &choose float option...
See you got the 2 nd seat of counselling now so that would have been fix for you now. But you can approach to the college and ask for it. If they have vacancy they can guide you your case.
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago
Dear Friend, opportunity never knocks your door for twice, still you may request the authorities and try your level best to convince thenm to re-allocate you the same branch, but what had...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts