MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
ramakrishnan menon Grade: 12
        Hell again. Just got the results of IIT seat allocation. Nothing has been allopcated. I am not sure of IIST with rank  7118. Should I drop a year and attempt the next JEE or should I join Computer science at NIT Calicut. NIT Surathkal offers CIvil. Which is better, Comp Sc at NIT Calicut or CIvil, SUrathkal. Thanks.
7 years ago

Answers : (1)

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points

Hi Ramakrishnan

NIt Surathkal is above in the preference than NIT Calicut, but considering the branches , cs in NIT Calicut is a better option than civil in surathkal. well, its entirely on you which branch interests you the most, computer science or civil. If u consider the placement data then NIT Calicut computer Science has done good. around 5.8 lakhs annum salary at the time of recession is a good job.www.nitc.ac.in/nitc/TandP/index.htm

Even the IITs have also managed to get only about 6-7 lakhs as the average overall packages for all the departments cumulative this year. Computer science is always a better choice over civil engg. Training and placement site for the NIT Surathkal is not accessible, else i wud have given you the link.

Both NIT Surathkal and Calicut are finely established engg colleges with a good repo. Its entirely your choice of branch that you should focus upon. if you want to compare the opening and closing ranks for the various NIT's u can use the linkwww.askiitians.com/aieee-counselling/aieee-engineering-counsellings.aspx

7 years ago
Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?
Answer & Earn Cool Goodies
  • Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
  • Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question