Dear Sir, My friend had secured a seat in Bio Tech at NIT Warangal,and through JEE,he has been offered Mining Machinery Engineering at ISM Dhanbad,and he is in a confused state I had preferred ISM over NIT Warangal,since BIO Tech hasnt got much scope,but he wants some expert suggestions could you please give some suggestions? THANKS in advance

Dear Sir,

My friend had secured a seat in Bio Tech at NIT Warangal,and through JEE,he has been offered Mining Machinery Engineering at ISM Dhanbad,and he is in a confused state

I had preferred ISM over NIT Warangal,since BIO Tech hasnt got much scope,but he wants some expert suggestions

could you please give some suggestions?

THANKS in advance

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

Askiitians Expert Ankit Jain- IIT Bombay
18 Points
13 years ago

Hello Sukhendra,

Its a gud question you have posted.

In my opinion you should opt for Biotech NIT Warangal for the following reasons:

* As such nobody can predict the scope of any branch four years down the line, but Biotech is in the nascent stage in india right now and is bound to go up.  Many colleges are opening up new branches of biotech to train the required lot. Mining on the other hand is not growing up and reached a stagnant stage in india.

* The job profile involved with mining can't suit everyone. It takes you to all the lowly developed areas where mines are located. On the other hand, Biotech is a clean job and might suit anybody. Although, this argument may change from person to person.

* Another thing is master's opportunities: If you find that there are not enough chances to get employment in biotech in india, you can always head to US for Masters. A lot of good colleges are available there and placements are also good.

Hope this clarifies your query. Please revert back in case of any comments.

Regards,

Ankit Jain- IIT Bombay

Askiitians expert

Sukhendra Reddy Rompally B.Tech Mining Machinery Engg, ISM Dhanbad
93 Points
13 years ago

Thanks for the reply!!!

but,one of the seniors at ISM had said that Mining Machinery is no where related to the toughness of Mining

According to him,it is a department of Mechanical,and it deals with mechanical and electronics

also,it is abt manufacture of machines relateed to mining,and a mining machiner engineer will have nothing to do onfield

i want clarification regarding this

also,post which is better at the time of placements considering the fact that ISM is the best college in ASIA for earth science related branches

hoping to get back the reply soon

THANKS

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free