SIR,I HV QUALIFIED IIT2010 .NOW I HV GOT META & MATERIAL ENGINEERING AT IIT ROORKEE.NOW I WISH TO APPLY FOR SECOND ROUND.BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE BRANCH OCEAN ENGINEERING & NAVAL ARCHITECTURE.WHICH I HV PLACED ABOVE META.PLZ. GIV ME INFO. ABT ITS PLACEMENTS,PACKAGES,JOBS OPPORTUNITIES.MY PARENTS R SCARED OF THE FACT THAT IF I GET OCEAN ENGINEERRIN THEN I WOULD MA HALF OF LYF IN SHIPS.........

SIR,I HV QUALIFIED IIT2010 .NOW I HV GOT META & MATERIAL ENGINEERING AT IIT ROORKEE.NOW I WISH TO APPLY FOR SECOND ROUND.BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE BRANCH OCEAN ENGINEERING & NAVAL ARCHITECTURE.WHICH I HV PLACED ABOVE META.PLZ. GIV ME INFO. ABT ITS PLACEMENTS,PACKAGES,JOBS OPPORTUNITIES.MY PARENTS R SCARED OF THE FACT THAT IF I GET OCEAN ENGINEERRIN THEN I WOULD MA HALF OF LYF IN SHIPS.........

Grade:12

1 Answers

sahil rastogi
34 Points
13 years ago

Ocean engg and naval is an amzing field and really interesting to study

ocean engg. deals wid exploraration and utilization of its resourceslike oil extraction ,minerals,biologisal sources,etc.navl arch. deals wid design constrution and maintainance of ships & all water vehicles.There r ample job oppurtunities in dis field in orgs like DRDO, indian navy,offshore consulting firms,hydrographic surveyin companies,coastal& dredging firms, port trust, coast guards, environmental protection,agencies ,pollution boards, drilling companies, ministry of surface transport,etc.the packages range from 3.5lpa to 8lpa intially and from 10lpa to 20lpa at later stages. Also due to its multidisciplinary nature a large number of graduates find employement in allied engineering professions ,management & information technology areas..

So go ,enjoy it

PLZZ aprove my ans if u liked it!!!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free