sir,my rank in iitjee 2010 is 3771 & i got chemical engg. in IT-BHU IN THE I LIST. IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF GETTING IITKANPUR MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING OR IT-BHU MECHANICAL ENGG. IN THE SECOND ALLOTMENT??????????????

sir,my rank in iitjee 2010 is 3771 & i got chemical engg. in IT-BHU IN THE I LIST. IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF GETTING IITKANPUR  MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING OR IT-BHU MECHANICAL ENGG. IN THE SECOND ALLOTMENT?????????????? 

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

sahil rastogi
34 Points
13 years ago

SEE that there would be many rankers who are branch specific and would go to BITSP or NITs for some branch.

this should leave many vacant seats.

also both BHU mech & IITK M&C closed at ranks close to 3700.So u can very easily get any of the two. But at BHU mech the faculty is pathetic& placements r avg and at IITK M&S ITS AN M.Sc  so u would be screened out of many jobs during placements . So i would suggest that u must try for som good branches like cse or ECE at NITs or BITSP for BRANCH PAYS MORE THAN INSTITUTE!!!!

but with 61 in maths if and only if u wanna go for research in maths then go for IITK M&S.

Plz approve my ans if u liked it!!

Abhishek Kapoor
16 Points
13 years ago
IITK M&C is gret if u lik maths else BHU mech is gud both options hav gud placements& faculty so both r gud u get the 1 u placed above in choices

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free