There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

I have been alloted Mech. Engineering in IIT Roorkee. My choice sequence was as follows
Choice 1. Mech. Eng. in IIT Bombay (4 years)(B024)
Choice 2. Mech. Eng. in IIT Delhi (4 years)(D024)
Choice 3. Mech. Eng. in IIT Kanpur(4 years)(K024)
Choice 4. Mech. Eng. in IIT Kanpur(5 years)(K096)
Choice 5. Mech. Eng. in IIT Roorkee(4 years)(R024)

If i opt for option no. 3 of acceptance letter, which states " OPTION 3: I may be considered for second allotment for any course in my choice
sheet in order of priority across any of the institutes". will i be allotted a choice higher in my choice sheet ,i.e, B024, D024, K024, K096 only or
is it possible that in my particular case i will be alloted mech. eng. but not in the above stated institutes.

i ask this question because i have a doubt in the language quoted which i understand as the second allotment option is in referance with the course choice
only and its not relevant to the institute, i.e, i may be alloted mech eng in IIT Kharagpur which was my sixth choice but the course of mech eng. is the same.

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

well,der is no need 2 fear since u hav been alloted option5,u cud be upgraded to the 1st 4/remain at 5 only,but der is no way u can slide down

choose option 3 without ne fear

plzzz approe my answer if u liked it:)

6 years ago

if u choose opt. 3,u would be consiidered 4 mech. engg only in the 1st 4 institutes u have opted i.e bombay,delhi,kanpur,roorke.u will not be considered at iit kharagpur or any other institute u av stated after choice 5 whatever be the course....... so don't worry..

best of luck !!

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

sir iam studying 12 th class in rgukt apiiit rkvalley i want to take cse branch in btech so let explain job opppurtunities and salaries in cse and other branches as well in rgukt
@ rayapati Cse is the most favourite branch of the engg aspiring student . as u are a student in class 12 , so, from now donot target about the salary and placement status , do the job...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Dear Student, before any planning for a branch, I guess you need to prepare well for JEE mains and JEE advanced, do a wonderful job, get selected, follow the counseling schedule and get a...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
is it ok to learn only the most important chapters of PCM in JEE MAIN
Hi student, It actually depends on time. If you have less time then you might want to follow this strategy. But if you have got time focus on completing all topics Thanks
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
@ xavier Yes , if u are now in class 12 th then u can , beacuse u have also to prepare for board exam . but give board exam as your frst priority , as its the one time exam , and u need 75...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
hi xavier visit
SAHIL 2 months ago
i have to complete my CBSE class 12 syllabus till november. Please tell me how should i complete it using board point of view and also use time for competitives. tell me study plan to grab...
@ shreyas donot hurry up , i think its good if u will do simoultaneously , i did like that , for example suppose u complted solution chap from board point of view, then alott a extra day...
Umakant biswal one month ago
@ shreyas yes , 10 hours per chapter are more than enough , beacuse i have used only 2-3 hrs per chapter in that 10 hrs u have to cover a chapter by the following strategy 1- ncert reading...
Umakant biswal one month ago
@umakant i have done calculation of all the things. Septeber i have 17 working days * 6 hrs study = 102 hrs 13 holidays*9 hrs study = 117 hrs similar is for october november i have 20...
Shreyas Patil one month ago
I am in diploma I want to know iam eligible for iitjee or not
@ rohit yes , for sure . u are elligible but after 3 rd year of diploma , that means if u have started the study of diploma in 2015 , then on 2017 , u will be able to give the jee exam ,...
Umakant biswal 23 days ago
How will I loose my time can you tell me in breifAnd one more thing is it necessary that after 3rd year of diploma I can give iitjee can I give IIT jee after 2nd year
Rohit 23 days ago
Sir, Could you tell me which are the best books for IITJEE which also comes with detailed solution for each problem(In Physics,Chemistry,Maths)? Hoping for reply soon.
Hi gopal, All the oimportant books you need for the IIT-JEE preparation are listed in the following link.. All the Best. chandra sekhar... chandra sekhar 7 years ago
What is modular programming??
Modular programming can be used to break up a large program into manageable units, or to create code that can be easily re-used. A modular program consists of a main module and one or more...
Deepak Patra 7 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts