hi...im utkarsh ..ive cleared iit this year and i gt iit madras naval architecture and ocean eng 4 yr b tech. i a completely satisfied with what ive received bcoz it ws my first choice... i was very excited after reading about the course and the deatils of it.i asked sum people frm iitm too and they said it is a nice brnch wid a gud scope too. i wud be far more than happy if u too help me out wid the selection ive made and guide me about the future of the course......finally ill make my 99% into a 100% if u tell me truly by ur experience how is the branch like????

hi...im utkarsh ..ive cleared iit this year and i gt iit madras naval architecture and ocean eng 4 yr b tech.

i a completely satisfied with what ive received bcoz it ws my first choice...

i was very excited after reading about the course and the deatils of it.i asked sum people frm iitm too and they said it is a nice brnch wid a gud scope too.

i wud be far more than happy if u too help me out wid the selection ive made and guide me about the future of the course......finally ill make my 99% into a 100% if u tell me truly by ur experience how is the branch like????

Grade:12

1 Answers

Amit Askiitiansexpert
112 Points
13 years ago

Dear Utkasrsh,

Congratulations for selecting .. All the branches are very good .. all you need is interest in that particular branch.. Naval architecture and ocean engineering is very good branch.. with a very wide future scope.. 

Naval architecture is an engineering discipline dealing with the design, construction and repair of marine vehicles. Naval architecture involves basic and applied research, design, development, design evaluation and calculations during all stages of the life of a marine vehicle. Preliminary design of the vessel, its detailed design, construction, trials, operation and maintenance, launching and dry-docking are the main activities involved. Ship design calculations are also required for ships being modified (by means of conversion, rebuilding, modernization, or repair). Naval architecture also involves formulation of safety regulations and damage control rules and the approval and certification of ship designs to meet statutory and non-statutory requirements.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards

Amit - IT BHU

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free