ive just finished my 12th standard. im realy interested in physics. nit calicut has started a course on engineering physics last year. i wanted to know abt it. right now im realy in a confused state. i need to opt btw eee and eng physics from nit calicut. i wanted to know the job opportunities and any other details of that course. please do help me.

ive just finished my 12th standard. im realy interested in physics. nit calicut has started a course on engineering physics last year. i wanted to know abt it. right now im realy in a confused state. i need to opt btw eee and eng physics from nit calicut. i wanted to know the job opportunities and any other details of that course.   please do help me.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Amit Askiitiansexpert
112 Points
13 years ago

Dear  sangeeth,

Engineering Physics (EP) is is very good course and best if you are interested in research, available mainly at the levels of B.Tech, B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. Unlike other engineering degrees (such as aerospace engineering or electrical engineering), EP does not necessarily include a particular branch of science or physics. Instead, EP is meant to provide a more thorough grounding in applied physics of any area chosen by the student (such as optics, nanotechnology, microfabrication, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, control theory, aerodynamics, energy or solid-state physics). This is why in some countries only the B.Sc. part of the degree is called a degree in Engineering Physics.

Engineering Physics degrees are respected degrees taught in many countries. It is notable that in many languages the term for Engineering Physics would be directly translated into English as "technical physics". In some countries, both what would be translated as "Engineering Physics" and what would be translated as "Technical Physics" are disciplines leading to academic degrees, with the former specializes in nuclear power research, and the latter closer to engineering physics.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards

Amit - IT BHU

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free