Sir, I have secured an AIR 8890 and I come under OBC category.. I am slightly interested in CS, though I dont have problem in taking mechanical also. But, First of all, Can you suggest me which branch to take?? Now, acc to last year cut offs, I may just get CS in Trichy, Warangal and Surathkal.. But this year, It may so happen that I may not get there.. So which NIT should I fill in next after these 3 for CS?? Another option can be- If I dont get CS in these 3 NITS, I take up mechanical.. But, I am slightl more interested in CS.. If I take up CS in NIT other then top 3.., Is that going to help me in my future?? Because everybody says that Top NITS are altogether at a different level.. Moreover, package-wise also, CS is the best.. I hope you can read my mind and feel how much confused I am.. Plz spare some valuable time of yours and give a detailed reply so that my confusuion gets over.. thank you

Sir,

I have secured an AIR 8890 and I come under OBC category.. I am slightly interested in CS, though I dont have problem in taking mechanical also. But, First of all, Can you suggest me which branch to take?? Now, acc to last year cut offs, I may just get CS in Trichy, Warangal and Surathkal.. But this year, It may so happen that I may not get there.. So which NIT should I fill in next after these 3 for CS?? Another option can be- If I dont get CS in these 3 NITS, I take up mechanical.. But, I am slightl more interested in CS.. If I take up CS in NIT other then top 3.., Is that going to help me in my future?? Because everybody says that Top  NITS are altogether at a different level.. Moreover, package-wise also, CS is the best.. I hope you can read my mind and feel how much confused I am.. Plz spare some valuable time of yours and give a detailed reply so that my confusuion gets over.. thank you 

Grade:12

1 Answers

Prudhvi teja
83 Points
13 years ago

Dear Saurav

First let's hope that you get CS in any of those NIT'S.Now coming to your question you can see alittle diference in top NIT's and other NIT's.But that is when you compare students of same branch.And even with that it may just affect your first job or placement,but after that all that matters is you are from NIT and your experience.Even with other NIT's if you do well there in your branch you can always get good package.As you said you are alittle interested in CS ,I would suggest you go for other NIT's like NIT Allahabad,Nagpur,Jaipur,than taking mechanical in those NIT's.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Prudhvi Teja

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free