My OBC category rank in IIT-JEE is 1648. I am not too good at chemistry. Would MME a fine branch for me as I am likely to get it at IIT-Roorkee. Or I should try out some of the core branches at NEW IIT's. Please reply soon as I have to fill my choices. I also want to know about job oppurtunities in MME.

My OBC category rank in IIT-JEE is 1648. I am not too good at chemistry. Would MME a fine branch for me as I am likely to get it at IIT-Roorkee. Or I should try out some of the core branches at NEW IIT's. Please reply soon as I have to fill my choices. I also want to know about job oppurtunities in MME.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Prudhvi teja
83 Points
13 years ago

Dear Ankit Shakya

Firstly your knowledge in chemistry doesnt matter much in either Metallurgy or in core branches.

Coming to job prospective if you think of non-technical jobs old-iit's are any time better than new iit's

coming to technical jobs I personally feel taking core branch in new-iit's would be better option. Because in core branches you have more opportunities than in metallurgy at any point of time.But I heard infrastructure in new iit's aren't good.

But metallurgy students also have good job opportunities.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best. Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Prudhvi Teja

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free