There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

My OBC category rank in IIT-JEE is 1648. I am not too good at chemistry. Would MME a fine branch for me as I am likely to get it at IIT-Roorkee. Or I should try out some of the core branches at NEW IIT's.         Please reply soon as I have to fill my choices. I also want to know about job oppurtunities in MME.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Ankit Shakya

Firstly your knowledge in chemistry doesnt matter much in either Metallurgy or in core branches.

Coming to job prospective if you think of non-technical jobs old-iit's are any time better than new iit's

coming to technical jobs I personally feel taking core branch in new-iit's would be better option. Because in core branches you have more opportunities than in metallurgy at any point of time.But I heard infrastructure in new iit's aren't good.

But metallurgy students also have good job opportunities.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best. Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Prudhvi Teja

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Which one is better for me CSE in IIT Bhubaneswar or ECE in IIIT Hyderabad? I am equally inclined to both CSE and ECE.
@ saidinesh Take cse at iit bhubaneswar , beacuse as iit bbsr is a new one also , it have oppurtunity in these 2 years to come up . and as far as iiit hyderabad is concerned that also is a...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Dear Student, this is purely a matter of your personal choice as per your area of interest. Both the institutions are equally good in almost all the respects. Have you been allotted or...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
is there is JEE (MAIN) for Maharashtra State Board in the year 2017
@ xavier yes , for sure . jee main will gng to be conducted for all boards in 2017 . but the new regulation is u have to score at least 75 percent to attempt the jee main exam , or ur score ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
hi xavier yes sure jee mains will be there for students belonging to maharashtra state board also in 2017 thanks best of luck:}
SAHIL 2 months ago
i am getting chemical engineeering in bit mesra and cse in iiit bhubaneswar. Which college should i join?
@ neelendra @ neelendra bit mesra earned a good image in terms of placement and quality education . and also check your intrest , if u are intrested in chemical then, bits mesra will be the ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Is it worth dropping for JEE now? ItsJuly, JEE mains98(cutoff-100) AIR133000, 87.8%CBSE,messed up 12(preboards-31%)determined to work hard now, coaching tomorrow, didnt read since june1
You can continue for coaching from now onwards. its just starting...try hard and prepare like 300 days you have... Follow a time table, strict to the plans and strategy and go forward.
Saurabh Kumar 3 months ago
@ yatinder havenot u got any iiit this year , even if their seat will vacant , they can take unqualified student also , and yes , its worth dropping as your scores are good , but do...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
hi yatinder i think dropping a year is not a bad idea for you. this s because you are very near to cuoff this year and you have also got good marks in your cbse exams. but you should be...
SAHIL 3 months ago
Please give me the list of top 10 coaching institute for IIT JEE preparatioon
Dear Abdullah, Top 10 coaching institute for IIT-JEE: 1. Career Point Kota 2. TIME 3. Resonance 4. Brilliant Tutorials 5. Quest Tutorials Delhi 6. FIITJEE 7. Narayana IIT Academy...
Amit Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago
In a population an autosomal recessive disorder is present in 60 individual out of 6000. What is the number of homozygous normal (BB) offsprings in population
The ratio for BB:Bb:bb is number of homozygous (BB) individuals is equal to no. of recessive (bb) individuals . AS BOTH RATIOS ARE EQUAL, NO. OF BB INDIVIDUALS=no. of bb...
SAHIL 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts