i m getting AIR 1889 in jee 2010.i am quite confused about my choice of branch i hav the following doubts - 1.i m confused between maths and computing(5year M.Sc) at iit-kgp / instrumentation engg at iit-kgp /electrical engg at iir-roorkee please help me, as i m interested in both programming as well as elctronics 2. please also guide me about the difference between mathematics and computing (at kgp ) and mathematics and SCIENTIFIC computing (at kanpur). 3.Is there any disadvantage in taking an M.Sc course over a B.tech course at IIT

i  m getting AIR 1889 in jee 2010.i am quite confused about my choice of branch

i hav the following doubts -

1.i m confused between maths and computing(5year M.Sc) at iit-kgp / instrumentation engg at iit-kgp /electrical engg at iir-roorkee

please help me, as i m interested in both programming as well as elctronics

2. please also guide me about the difference between mathematics and computing (at kgp ) and mathematics and SCIENTIFIC computing (at kanpur).

3.Is there any disadvantage in taking an M.Sc course over a B.tech course at IIT

Grade:12

1 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear akshay,

You should go for electrical engg at IIT Roorkee...It has got lots of reputation and branch does matter a lot along with college.. no BTECH is preferred over MSC...

If you go for electrical engg u will be having lots of job as well as research opportunites...

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free