I'm in class XI(CBSE) i want to prepare for IIT so which books do i refer for Physics i have Pradeeps Fundamental Physics for Maths RD Sharama for Chemistry again Pradeep!!!!

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Akasdeep Singh

Search for books in the market u r comfortable in understanding and dont go with the names U can also choose from following
Chemistry Books

S.No Authors /Publisher Name of Books Remarks
1 P.Bahadur(G.R.Bathla & Sons) Numerical Chemistry Physical Chemistry
2 O.P. Tandon Physical Chemistry Physical Chemistry
3 O.P. Tandon Inorganic Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry
4 O.P. Tandon Organic Chemistry Base Book
5 Paula Bruice Yurkanis Organic Chemistry Reference Book
6 J.D. Lee Inorganic Chemistry Reference Book
7 Bruce H. Mahan University Chemistry Reference Book
6 Organic Chemistry by MORRISON & BOYD Organic Chemistry Reference Book

Physics Books

S.NO Authors /Publisher Name of Books Remarks
1 H.C.Verma Concepts of Physica Vol I and II For text books and problem books.
2 I.E. Irodov Problems in General Physics selected problems
3 Halliday, Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Reference Book

Mathematics Books

S.NO Authors /Publisher Name of Books Remarks
1 R.D. Sharma Maths XI & XII Basic Text Books
2 S. L. Loney Trigonometry Recommended
3 S. L. Loney Co-ordinate Geometry Reference Book
4 Hall Knight Higher Algebra Reference Book
5 I.A. Maron Problems in Calculus of One Variable Reference Book
6 Arihant Algebra Reference Book
7 Arihant Differential Calculus Reference Book
8 Arihant Integral Calculus Reference Book
all the best
Regards
Abhishek Batra
4 years ago

well my suggestion is whatever books u do,get ur basics n concepts cleared.....that's the secret to crack any exam.i'd suggest :

chem : easiest to score among pcm....do it prorerly

NCERT 4 basic,then do any MCQ book preferably arihant.

maths : NCERT/R.D.Sharma + s.n.dey 4 basic,then do TMH(tata mcgraw-hill).

phy :  NCERT + H.C.Verma,then do arihant's D.C.Pandey.

along with these see if u can solve fiitjee's study material preferably rankers study material(RSM).after doing all these even if u get tym,then do the books of arihant specially for a particular section like mechanics in phy,trigo in maths,physical in chem etc otherwise be satisfied with the books above.

wishing u best of luck.....

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Discuss with colleagues and IITians

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Hello.. this is manish kumar of class 11 .. .. and i am preparing for JEE of 2016. which books are good and preferable for mains and advance... please kindly answer it...

Dear student, aspiring for JEE 2016 well in advance seems a good way to go. As you have ample time on your hand, you should be steady in your approach for the exam preparation. As far as the...
  img
Ravi 10 days ago

You should read NCERT and revise it many times....Then for JEE preparation you can select H C Verma for physics O.P. tondon for Chemistry and any good book for Maths......Read these...
  img
Naveen Kumar 10 days ago

http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx….….….….….….….….….….….….….….….&...
  img
Harishwar 10 days ago
Sir my jee main rank 84565 and state rank 874-(general) can I get any branch in college of technology pantnagar and I am an uttarakhand domicile.

You are on the boder line, refer to rank predictors on askiitians website to know more in detail...
  img
Amit Shekhar one month ago
Which is better SAT vs IIT?

Depends on your aspiration. Undergraduation at IITs are better and chances to get a good job immediately afer graduation is better at IITs. If you are planning for Higer studies than SAT...
  img
Amit Shekhar one month ago
sir is this rank predictor is accurate?? my marks in mains 2014 is 175 and board %age is 94% , my rank it tells is 198. Is it so?? Please reply

your expected rank is 1lac so go for(all computer science) nit agartala nit arunachal pradesh jk institute of zpplied physics and technology,university of allahabad thanks and regards sunil...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

sorry i have posted answer of other student your expected rank is 15000-19000 thanks and regards sunil kr askIITian faculty
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

sir my jee mains marks is 112 and expected board % is 90.what will be my rank?

saheli ganguly 6 months ago
what should be the minimum bench marks for maths and science in class 10 if we target to get entered in a recognised college like aiims

You must have 90+ in the science and maths, although Maths would not be there for preparing AIIMS. Just try hard with the cleared concepts, result would be good. Good...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 16 hours ago

You must have 90+ atleast in the secondary school exam. Exam like AIIMS, you have to prepare very seroius keeping every concept cleared. Result wll be good, just proceed hard for the...
  img

You must have 90+ atleast in the secondary school exam. Exam like AIIMS, you have to prepare very seroius keeping every concept cleared. Result wll be good, just proceed hard for the...
  img
It was earlier called as ‘The Statuette’. How do we know it today?

Today we know it by Oscars .... The official name of the Oscar statuette is the Academy Award of Merit. Made of gold-plated britannium on a black metal base, it is 13.5 inches (34 cm) in...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 5 years ago
View all Questions »