ADNAN MUHAMMED

Grade 12,

My name is aditya..i am a dropper..aspiring for jee next year(2011).Can you brief me about the level of iit jee...which books should i be solving...is there.. a chance of subjective questions in jee???kindly suggest me a schedule for preparation.Thank you

My name is aditya..i am a dropper..aspiring for jee next year(2011).Can you brief me about the level of iit jee...which books should i be solving...is there.. a chance of subjective questions in jee???kindly suggest me a schedule for preparation.Thank you

Grade:

2 Answers

Abhishek Karan Batra
34 Points
13 years ago
If dropping is the only choice u hav then consider that ur investing a year in for cracking iit jee ,so ur primary focus should jee nd everything else secondary jee is not unachievable if u work hard,have proper guidance and mentorship and make targets These ar the imp books for jee Chemistry Books S.No Authors /Publisher Name of Books Remarks 1 P.Bahadur(G.R.Bathla & Sons) Numerical Chemistry Physical Chemistry 2 O.P. Tandon Physical Chemistry Physical Chemistry 3 O.P. Tandon Inorganic Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry 4 O.P. Tandon Organic Chemistry Base Book 5 Paula Bruice Yurkanis Organic Chemistry Reference Book 6 J.D. Lee Inorganic Chemistry Reference Book 7 Bruce H. Mahan University Chemistry Reference Book 6 Organic Chemistry by MORRISON & BOYD Organic Chemistry Reference Book Physics Books S.NO Authors /Publisher Name of Books Remarks 1 H.C.Verma Concepts of Physica Vol I and II For text books and problem books. 2 I.E. Irodov Problems in General Physics selected problems 3 Halliday, Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Reference Book Mathematics Books S.NO Authors /Publisher Name of Books Remarks 1 R.D. Sharma Maths XI & XII Basic Text Books 2 S. L. Loney Trigonometry Recommended 3 S. L. Loney Co-ordinate Geometry Reference Book 4 Hall Knight Higher Algebra Reference Book 5 I.A. Maron Problems in Calculus of One Variable Reference Book 6 Arihant Algebra Reference Book 7 Arihant Differential Calculus Reference Book 8 Arihant Integral Calculus Reference Book So all the best and work hard! Regards Abhishek Batra
Askiitians Expert Saurav Bhattacharya- IIT Kharagpur
16 Points
13 years ago

Dear Aadithya Narayanan,

The level of IIT JEE has evolved from its initial format. Nowadays, you get a more analytical paper testing your understanding and comprehending capabilities. Which books one follows and likes depends from person to person. The following worked for me. You may use them if you please:

Physics:

HC Verma, Resnick Haliday(theory), Arihant Objective(questions)

Chemistry:

Inorganic: NCERT, Organic: Arihant, Physical: P. Bahadur

Maths:

TMH, Arihant Calculus, Arihant Series

Considering chance of subjective questions, as long as the question addresses basic concepts, you can expect subjective questions as well. the key is to get your basic fundamentals clear. Then it won't matter if the question is subjective, multiple choice or a matching question.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. 

All the best Aadithya !!!

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Saurav Bhattacharya

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free