hi.. i have got AIR 5240(756 in OBC) in IIT-2010. AIR 3215 in AIEEE-2010 i have a problem to select which branch and which college to choose. according to last year analysis.. i may get civil, metallurgy, aerospace(minor chance) in old IIT's.. CSE,EEE,mech. branches in IIT-hyd(hometown).. in NIT warangal i have a chance in CSE,ECE,EEE etc.. what will be the best option? civil, metallurgy in old IIT's cs,eee in iit hyd. cs,ec,eee etc. in nit-warangal.

hi..

i have got AIR 5240(756 in OBC) in IIT-2010.

AIR 3215 in AIEEE-2010 i have a problem to select which branch and which college to choose.

according to last year analysis.. i may get civil, metallurgy,  aerospace(minor chance) in old IIT's..

CSE,EEE,mech. branches in IIT-hyd(hometown)..

in NIT warangal i have a chance in CSE,ECE,EEE etc..

what will be the best option?

• civil, metallurgy in old IIT's

• cs,eee in iit hyd.

• cs,ec,eee etc. in nit-warangal.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
13 years ago

Dear vamshi,

New IITs and NITs are comaparable.. so you can opt for IIT hyderabad with the core branches .. but you hv obc quota, so you have chances of getting some decent branch in old IITs .. if you are not very particular for the branch then civil @old IIT is good option. Now decide acc to your interest .. as your future depends on it !

now acc to me order of preference shud be : civil @ old iit > cs,ee @new iit >nit trichy and warangal.

All the best for your Future.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Regards

Vijay Luxmi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free