In AIEEE 2010 My: All India Rank Overall 17982 ------ Category 14447 ------ State Rank Overall 2362 ------ Category I belong to UP State.Please let me know what will be best option(college and discipline)at this rank.I am puzzled about this state rank,is there any significance of this state rank,and will i appear in AIEEE conselling with AIR or HS quota?Please guide me in some detail.

In AIEEE 2010 My: All India Rank Overall 17982 ------ Category 14447 ------ State Rank Overall 2362 ------ Category I belong to UP State.Please let me know what will be best option(college and discipline)at this rank.I am puzzled about this state rank,is there any significance of this state rank,and will i appear in AIEEE conselling with AIR or HS quota?Please guide me in some detail.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
13 years ago

Dear somesh

As per the direction of the MHRD 50% of the seats in NITs will be filled from AIEEE eligible candidates of States where NITs are located and rest 50% will be filled on All India Merit basis.

you belong to U.P so 50 % seat are reserved for u.p student in nit allahabad .which is filled with basis of state ranking.

but for other nits which is not in u.p ,u cant use ur state rank,you have to compete other student in all india rank.

nit allahabad is filled upto 15000 rank. so you have a rare chance to get nit allahabad

so you should try for other nits.

first you should decide what is your preferable branch.then according to this you should see where it is available.

check the link for more detail

http://www.askiitians.com/aieee-counselling/aieee-engineering-counsellings.aspx

and regarding the councelling you need not to worry for that.just go and give the information which is required.

if all india rank is asked then use it,if state rank is asked then use that. no need to think for that.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free