My AIR is 2350 in JEE 2010. Please advise me whether I should opt for Civil M Tech (5Yr) at Madras or Chemical Engg (4Yr) at Roorkee from Job Prospects view 4-5 years from now. Presently I have no special inclination for any branch. What about IIT Hyderabad with Electrical or Mech as compared to Roorkee Chemical or Madras Civil. Please advise urgently.

My AIR is 2350 in JEE 2010. Please advise me whether I should opt for Civil M Tech (5Yr) at Madras or Chemical Engg (4Yr) at Roorkee from Job Prospects view 4-5 years from now. Presently I have no special inclination for any branch. What about IIT Hyderabad with Electrical or Mech as compared to Roorkee Chemical or Madras Civil.

Please advise urgently.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Prudhvi teja
83 Points
13 years ago

Dear Satish sharma

I think in prospect of job from 4-5 yrs....if you are looking at non-technical job in future old IIT's are any time better than new IIT's and IIT Madras would be better compared to IIT Roorkee. So, In this case IIT Madras Civil  M.Tech would be better option.

If you are looking at technical job you may get better placement in IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee(which is not sure), But I would suggest you to opt IIT Hyderabad Electrical or Mechanical, because even if you may not get good placement after 2 yrs you will have many options in terms of job opportunities.So it would be better to opt electrical or mechanical at IIT Hyderabad.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Prudhvi Teja

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free