sir...........i have got gen rank 7251 ..........i m thinking of getting into iit kgp or iit r in b.arch ................so plz tell me what are the career scope,packages and demand for architects.................i dont have a very good rank in aieee.........so will b.arch be a good decision...................????????

sir...........i have got gen rank 7251 ..........i m thinking of getting into iit kgp or iit r in b.arch ................so plz tell me what are the career scope,packages and demand for architects.................i dont have a very good rank in aieee.........so will b.arch be a good decision...................????????

Grade:12

1 Answers

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
13 years ago

Dear Sidharth ,

B arch is very creative field.. and have very good future after this..  After completing B.Arch you can register with Council of Architecture, then only you'll be able to practice as an Architect.
There are always a number of jobs for architects but limited to metropolitan cities. Earlier there were few govt jobs but now it has improved.
The start of the career in this field is slow but as you gain experience your future brightens more and more. As a fresher you may have to work for a meager salary about Rs 15000 a month but after 3-4 years you may earn upto Rs 60-80000 or more.
The college from where you obtain your B.Arch degree is very very important. As the reputation of the college will fetch you the first job after your degree.
Why the reputation of some colleges like JJ School of Architecture, IIT Roorkee and SPA Delhi is good because they really teach you well. Being an Architect from IIT Roorkee, I have seen others who did not know some basic concepts after passing out from college.

Click the link below link for opening and closing rank of IIT :

http://www.askiitians.com/iits-2009-2010-opening-and-closing-rank.aspx

Cutoff in new IITs  check the link give below :

http://jee.iitd.ac.in/openclose09.htm    (this link includes the more detail analysis)

for code of the cources check the councelling broucher 2009.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free