sir tell me about the reputation of the new IITs......also plz tell whether how gud it is to get a seat in chemical or textile engg. in any of the new or old IITs ? and what is the scope of these courses ? also plz tell that which is a better option b/w comp. sci. and electronics bcoz alot of people r telling me that i shud not go for comp sci. as this field has reached a kind of saturation in terms of placements.....

sir tell me about the reputation of the new IITs......also plz tell whether how gud it is to get a seat in chemical or textile engg. in any of the new or old IITs ? and what is the scope of these courses ?

also plz tell that which is a better option b/w comp. sci. and electronics bcoz alot of people r telling me that i shud not go for comp sci. as this field has reached a kind of saturation in terms of placements.....

Grade:

2 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
13 years ago

Dear jaspeet

First of all except IIT GANDHINAGAR no new IIT offer chemical and textile engineering .IIT GANDHINAGAR offer chemical engineering.

Both the branch have their own reputation but ofcource not like other branch like mechanical,computer,electronics,electrical.

placement wise both are good after 4 year you will get good job .

Which  is better in computer science and electronics is totally depends upon your choice.

during the 8 semester many subjects are same for both the branch.even the classes for electronics and computer held together.

and almost all companies hire student from both the branches.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

jaspreet singh
19 Points
13 years ago

but u didn't tell me about the reputation of new IITs ?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free