Dear Sir, I have a rank of 7118 in the JEE 2009. WIll I get any branch at all in any IIT ? I am focussed on the IIT tag and as my interest is only in mathematics and since I dont have any particular interest in any specific stream, I will settle for anything that is offered to me. But the question is... WIll I have any chance at getting anything at all ? Regards.

Dear Sir,

I have a rank of 7118 in the JEE 2009. WIll I get any branch at all in any IIT ? I am focussed on the IIT tag and as my interest is only in mathematics and since I dont have any particular interest in any specific stream, I will settle for anything that is offered to me. But the question is... WIll I have any chance at getting anything at all ?

Regards.

Grade:12

1 Answers

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Ramakrishnan,

Total seats at the IITs after opening of new IITs is just 6875. As your rank is quite back you are most unlikely to get any of the college.

During counselling  most of the students who dont have good enough rank dont show up for counselling as they take admissions in other colleges or prefer to drop a year.

There are only few branches at IIT which solely involve Mathematics lime MCA or Statistics which generally get filled by some good rankers.

You can just hope for getting any seat at new IITs.

Thank you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free